Piedmont Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RDG

Senior Cook
I've just read a thread, in General cooking question, about the necessity of a recipe for particular dishes.
For this one, I think that is very difficult to change something. More: if you find some tasty variations, I'll be very grateful....

4 servings:
1 big apple (everyone is ok, but I like better golden" the yellow ones)
1 big white onion
8 fillets of under oil anchovies
6 nuts.
Excellent olive oil
salt.

Slice very thiny the apple and the onion. Make little bits of nuts and anchovies. TNT.

It's generally used as an appetizer, from Piemonte. I love it.

jpmcgrew said:
:) Sounds delicious.Only the Italians can come up with these combinations.And good for you to.
Hihihi....:LOL: I agree...but I know a lot of French that will not be so happy....:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:) RDG.I know what you mean I worked for a french chef for 11 years at a ski area.He would always tease me by telling me I was soo lucky that he let me do what I did there because Im a female, as I had eventually became head chef for the bistro style restaurant that was in the little hotel he & his wife owned.I changed a few things around kinda americanized a few recipes and He made alot of money.
He would say I was soo lucky and that he paid me way too much,cause in France they only let women wash dishes and maybe,maybe peel vegetables.If they were lucky.
That was about 20 years ago_Of course then I would start telling jokes about the french.You know how some people calling the french {frogs}well he would come in with his lime green ski suit on and I would say.OH look Kermit the Frog is here!That was a tame joke.
But I hafto say to his credit he taught me alot my first years there and I must say it all boils down to technique and a love for food.
I have many fond memories of those times.

Last edited:
jpmcgrew said:
:) RDG.I know what you mean I worked for a french chef for 11 years at a ski area.He would always tease me by telling me I was soo lucky that he let me do what I did there because Im a female, as I had eventually became head chef for the bistro style restaurant that was in the little hotel he & his wife owned.I changed a few things around kinda americanized a few recipes and He made alot of money.
He would say I was soo lucky and that he paid me way too much,cause in France they only let women wash dishes and maybe,maybe peel vegetables.If they were lucky.
That was about 20 years ago_Of course then I would start telling jokes about the french.You know how some people calling the french {frogs}well he would come in with his lime green ski suit on and I would say.OH look Kermit the Frog is here!That was a tame joke.
But I hafto say to his credit he taught me alot my first years there and I must say it all boils down to technique and a love for food.
I have many fond memories of those times.
I understand this is a bit OT, but I must say something. I have a very little home in Corse too (France), and I know rather well the french way of cooking. And it's very, very actractive. The problem is not the food. Is the absolute convintion of French people that nothing outside France could be good.:LOL: I find that your chef is a bit......rear looking? How do you say? Men...Women.....In front of a pan (and whatever else about job), we are both the same, .I prefer consider other differences.....:-p :angel: :devilish: . Sorry for the joke.......

:) RDG.Oh ya he thought everything french is better but he could not make mashed potatoes he tried once and ruined them But was a great place to work.He would tease me and call me a B***H when ever I made dried meringues I would pipe them out and they would dry to perfection.It was something he could not do with out having troublewith them..
By the way Im part German and my mother is full German and she's like the french in some ways because according to her every thing is better in Germany than the states. :rolleyes: So I tell if its so much better why dont you go back to Deutch Land:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom