Valentine's Day menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah

Head Chef
Happy valentines day to everyone( in advance)...
so whats everyone doing? I'm thinking about preparing an elaborate dinner at home instead of going out this year,and a heart shaped chocolate cake for dessert thats for sure,have'nt decided the main dinner as yet though,any ideas?My day will be spent in catering to some valentines day special cake orders :chef:so it will be a long day for me,hope i wont be too tired by the dinner time:neutral:

And what about u guys?

When it comes to holidays and other special occasions my hubby usually just wants me to make some of his favorite dishes. We are both cuckoo for Thai food and all this recent talk about curry has me thinking.....I might make red curry for dinner. Maybe I'll stick with a red theme, red curry served with red wine, and maybe red velvet cake for dessert. :heart:

No special plans for the day. It's a Monday and that is DH's long day. He leaves his regular job and goes to teach his night class. He'll leave home at around 7:30 am and not get back home until around 9:30pm at which time he'll grab a little something to eat. We'll spend the time while he's eating catching up then he goes to bed. No reason to go out of my way to cook a big meal. It will have to be something he can warm up quickly. He likes spaghetti and could eat it almost every day but we haven't had it in while. So maybe that will be his Valentine's meal.

No special plans for the day. It's a Monday and that is DH's long day. He leaves his regular job and goes to teach his night class. He'll leave home at around 7:30 am and not get back home until around 9:30pm at which time he'll grab a little something to eat. We'll spend the time while he's eating catching up then he goes to bed. No reason to go out of my way to cook a big meal. It will have to be something he can warm up quickly. He likes spaghetti and could eat it almost every day but we haven't had it in while. So maybe that will be his Valentine's meal.

OR... Plan a meal or an outing for another day that's compatible with his schedule and just have your Valentine Day on a different day.:LOL:

When it comes to holidays and other special occasions my hubby usually just wants me to make some of his favorite dishes. We are both cuckoo for Thai food and all this recent talk about curry has me thinking.....I might make red curry for dinner. Maybe I'll stick with a red theme, red curry served with red wine, and maybe red velvet cake for dessert. :heart:

I think a red theme sounds like an excellent idea, thai food is so yummy, good luck with your valentines day dinner!

DH works late too on mondays, but then he works late on most nights of the week, so i guess i'll just ignore the fact and go ahead and make my special dinner :p, and we can have our romantic late night dinner, another reason not to mind his being late on that day is, that kids will be asleep by then,so there will be no screaming and chaos around us while we eat, so we can enjoy a quiet, peaceful moment and talk in normal tones instead of shouting and struggling to get ourselves heard... :LOL:

This is my husband and My first married Valentine's day. I have decorated the house with all kinds of red hearts and balloons. He is planning on taking me to dinner or something (he told be to be free on the evening of the 14th) So I thought I would make him a nice meal today.

I plan to make beef brisket that I am going to cook in some beef broth with a little bit of garlic and onion. I am planning on making some sour cream and chive mashed potatoes and corn (his favorite.) I am going to dip some strawberries in chocolate and serve them with a sparkling wine for dessert.

I think that will do quite nicely.

My day will be spent at rehab, my first nutrition class and a meeting with Mended Hearts. We'll be making Valentines for the patients on the cardiac floor and delivering them.

Not sure what food I'll be eating...but lemon bars will be devoured this weekend.

This is kinda sad... :( I haven't planned anything for Valentine's dinner. I am making a grilled chicken poblano chowder and a crusty artesan bread to share for lunch at work on Monday and a co-worker is bringing red velvet cupcakes...................:ohmy: now I really must figure out something here at home so DH doesn't feel left out. :LOL:

Cake from Polish is not "dull side life"

This is "cake robber". One of the oldest polish meals. Very tasty! You can do it very fast and enjoy sth special.

Ingredients for potato pancakes:
0.7 kg potatoes, 24.69 oz
1 medium onion,
3 cloves garlic,
2 eggs,
3 tablespoons of flour,
spices: salt, pepper,
oil for frying.

Ingredients for the sauce:
0.5 kg pork shoulder-can be boneless, 17.63 oz
1 medium onion,
2 cucumbers,
6 medium mushrooms,
3 tablespoons of flour,
spices: salt, pepper, bay leaf, allspice, sweet peppers.

Implementation of potato cakes:
Grate the potatoes on the smallest mesh size, just do the onion and garlic.
To add the grated mass of eggs, flour, and stir. Season with salt and pepper in its sole discretion.
Fry in hot oil on both sides, forming a round cakes.

Execution robber sauce.
Chop the meat.
Peel and cut the mushrooms along, just as we do with cucumbers.
Meat sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
Then mix the flour and add.
meat thoroughly coated in flour.
throw meat in hot oil and fry about 5 min.
Dice onions and toss to fried meat.
When the onion is fried add a glass of cold water, sliced mushrooms and cucumber.
Then add the bay leaf and allspice and cook for 15 minutes under cover.
At the end of cooking, we can replace the salt yet and pepper to taste.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy valentines day everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Change of plans, we decided to go out instead of a romantic dinner at home...

Back
Top Bottom