Shrimp & Scallops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
Does anyone else have a digestive problem with these? What I'm talking about is the speed with which it travels from entrance to exit. I wonder if that's normal, or if perhap my body doesn't tolerate those foods well.

Two weeks ago I bought scallops, they were great, no problem. Last week I bought more and they went right through me, not sure why. They had some sand in them as I recall, the crunch really turned me off so I didnt finish them off. Shrimp seems ok for me so far. Is this a new thing constance? Not sure if this was recent or longer than that? However, as Barb L mentioned, certain foods do affect me adversely as well.

It's not new, Amber. When we used to go to Florida every year, I made sure to take a bottle of Pepto Bismal with me to neutralize the effects of all the fresh seafood I ate down there. Fish doesn't bother me...just the shellfish.
Like Barb, I eat it anyway.

A lot of people have troubles with them. If you are of some cultural/ethnic/religous backgrounds, you may not have been exposed to them in your younger years and may simply be unused to them. They are bottom-feeders and that may be it. I, personally, love linguini with clam sauce, but will never order it in a restaurant because within an hour I'll need an emergency trip to the bathroom. A lot of people have problems with shellfish.

Back
Top Bottom