What brand of tequila do you like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crankin

Senior Cook
The only brand I've tried so far is 1800 (silver) and I'm just wondering what some of your tastes are and/or what to try next.

Is Jose Cuervo good? I see ads for it all the time.

I drink Patron.

What makes Patron so much more expensive? Just out of curiosity? I recall something about the quality of tequila and "agave"? Could you explain that to me? Are most brands from 100% agave or is there some distinction?

What makes Patron so much more expensive? Just out of curiosity? I recall something about the quality of tequila and "agave"? Could you explain that to me? Are most brands from 100% agave or is there some distinction?

I just looked at their website as I was not familiar with it. Evidently Taquila is made from Blue Agave. As with a lot of things agricultural, there is good and bad Agave. There is also a disease that kills or damages the Agave. This said, makers of tawuila take shortcuts and the really pure healthy plants are more expensive.

Next we get to the bottle. It is crystal and hand mede and etched individually.

I think that asbout covers it.

HTH - AC

Jose Cuervo is not too bad. 1 tequila 2 tequila 3 tequila Floor

I have a friend that invented a drink that will make many of you shudder, its a half shot of jagermeister and a half shot of Jose. He calls it a CuervoMeister. I was his crash test dummy for testing it out. Now we have about a dozen people that have one on occasion.

patron silver is really nice ..
cabo wabo silver is about the same ..
i would not use them for mixed drinks ..
suaza has a nice respasado(SP) ..

Mas Tequila

There is a great difference in Tequila's. Some are made for mixing (jose cuervo) and others are made for sipping. Tres Hermanos is my favorite, 100% blue agave and aged in oak barrels. As in Whiskey aging makes a big difference. Not sure if it is still true but back in the Dark Ages when I was young, Jose Cuervo Gold just had a color additive no aging.:zorro:

If I'm drinking it straight, I like 1921, Patron and my newest favourite Boo Ya. Boo Ya is a little hard to come by....

If you're going to be mixing, cuervo and even sauza are fine.

I buy & enjoy any brand made from 100% Agave. If it doesn't state that somewhere on the label, it could be doctored with almost anything.

In fact, some time ago the New York Times food section had a good article on tequila, & said folks who (like me) found they had massive headaches after imbibing just one tequila-based drink most likely were being served a cheapo non-100%-Agave brand.

Sure enough - I've never had a tequila-related headache since.

I quit drinking tequila because it stayed with me too long the next day. When I did drink it, I drank 1800, Tarantula, and Cuervo...

Back
Top Bottom