Chicken Velvet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Chicken Velvet, not to be confused with velveting chicken, is a chicken emulsion that can be formed into patties, drumstick, or breast shaped pieces, fingers, or nuggets. Once made and formed, then baked, fried, or coated and deep fried. The result is very tender, and juicy chicken dishes that will delight in both texture, and flavor. You can add whatever seasoning you desire.

For this recipe, I am keeping it simple. enjoy.

Ingredients:
1 lb. White chicken meat
1 lb. dark chicken meat
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp. ground sage
1/2 tsp. ground thyme
3 tbs. butter
1/4tsp. freshly ground ginger

Cut chicken into half-inch cubes. Place in blender, or food processor with all other ingredients. Process into a smooth emulsion. Remove and form into onto popsicle sticks and place on parchment lined platter, or cookie sheet. Place in the freezer for ten minutes to firm them. Remove from the freezer and coat in egg wash, then flour, another dip in the egg wash, then bread crumbs. Bake at 250' F. d\for 30 minutes. Test with meat thermometer. The internal temp must reach 160' F.

Alternately, make into patties, nuggets, or fingers, dredge in flour, then didp in egg wash, and finally in bread crumbs, corn meal, or crushed corn flakees. Deep fry, or bake until cooked through.

This recipe in similar to mock chicken legs, or city chicken. But city chicken uses pork and veal instead of chicken.
It's juxt a little bit different way to make your chicken.;)
I nope you try this,

I have one grandson who does not like meat with bones. This sounds ideal for everyone to be able to chow down on the same thing.

Thanks Chief, copied and saved!

Back
Top Bottom