The Chief's Bulldog Chicken coating, by request

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Cookeee, espicially for you, my friend.

Chief Llongwind's Bulldog Chicken Seasoned Flour:

Ingredients:Preheat the oven to 375' F.
In a bowl, combine the following with a wire whisk.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. granulated garlic powder
1/8 tsp. powdered ginger
1/2 tsp. marjoram
1/4 tsp. rubbed sage
1/4 tsp. ground thyme
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. turmeric
1/8 tsp. red pepper
1 dash Chinese 5-spice powder
1/8 tsp. celery seed
1/4 tsp. granulated onion powder
In a seperate bowl, make an egg-wash from 1 large egg whisked with 1/4 cup water.

Preheat 2 inches of oil in a frying pan until fragrant. Turn heat to medium flame.

Skin the chicken thighs and dredge in seasoned flour. Dip in the egg-wash, and then again in the seasoned flour. Shake excess coating from the chicken and place in hot oil. Don't crown the pan. Fry on each side for 2 minutes. Remove the chicken to a foil-lined pan and place into the oven. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve immediately.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

WHEW!!!!! Thank goodness, everything I like and not a herb or spice I don't like.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!

I'm going to print this out and give it to DH. Hopefully I will have a report of a delicious meal for you real soon.

Chief, had thighs thawed out for two nights in a row. The first night things got in the way, to late to start anything, DH went and picked up dinner. Yesterday,
DH made the flour mixture early in the day to make sure that didn't happen again. Lucky he had 6 large shrimp to go with the chicken. He got called away to help a friend and it was getting late, so I breaded the shrimp and cooked them myself. THEY WERE DELICIOUS!!!!!!! So, I am here to thank you very much. Hope you and your wife had a good shrimp dinner also. lol

I tried your recipe last night, Chief - very good.
I baked the thighs for 30 minutes instead of 20 - I think it needed a longer baking time.
I'll do it again with slices of chicken breast instead of thighs !

Last edited:
So did we. Last night, finally cooked the thighs that have been thawing in the fridge for a couple of nights. Chief, just like the shrimp, the thighs were DELICIOUS!!!!!!

Thanks again!!!!

I'm happy that I could share the recipe. I had given it to a few people I know who tried it, and told me that it is now their go-to coating for chicken. I'd have never thought of using it on shrimp. So thanks for that Idea. I believe it would work well for pork too.

I'd posted the recipe on DC several times over the years, but never had anyone actually try it and let me know what they thought of it. So, I know it tastes good. I'm happy that others on DC have critiques to look at, and don't have to just trust my word. I'd love everyone to find their favorite seasoning mix. This is just one more option.

As always, if you want to modify any recipe I post, maybe to suit your tastes better, well, I'mm all for that. The idea behind discuss-cooking is to, well, discuss cooking. We can all learn from each other.

Many things I have read on DC have been incorporated in my cooking, if not an exact recipe, maybe a technique, or flavor combination. I' ve been inspired to try new ideas many times by reading what others have done. I hope I can help inspire ideas as well.:mrgreen:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom