TNT Chicken-Broccoli and Penne Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
This is a super-easy week night dinner to put together fast! I made this last night for dinner for the two of us. The recipe called for jarred alfredo sauce, but I made my own. I started a roux (butter and flour, added milk and seasonings (garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper) and whisked until it thickened, taking it off the heat.)

I also halved the recipe, since it's just Mark and I. The recipe below makes 8 servings.

Chicken-Broccoli and Penne Casserole

1 (16 ounce) box penne, cooked
2 (16 ounce) jars alfredo sauce, warmed
4 cups cheese, shredded & divided in half (I used Mozzarella)
1 large bunch broccoli, cooked
3-4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, seasoned, cooked, & cut into bite-sized pieces
salt-n-pepper to taste
italian seasoning for garnish

Spray or grease a 13 x 9 pan. In a bowl, mix the pasta, chicken, broccoli, Alfredo sauce & one bag of the cheese. Gently stir until blended. Dump into baking pan. Taste to see if it needs a little more salt-n-pepper. Sprinkle the remaining bag of cheese and a sprinkling of italian seasoning over the top. Bake at 375 degrees for about 10-20 (ovens vary) minutes or until cheese melts.

Serves 8.

img_806807_0_c86005497fdce161afbe149bf5863715.jpg

img_806807_1_728a6fc49edb21eaabd1bd124553cc31.jpg

I know that I would like that because I love every one of the ingredients! Beautiful picture too!

thanks Cooksie and Loprraine!

I forgot to include the most important ingredient in the alfredo sauce I made... that is parmesan cheese! DUH! :rolleyes: I wish I would have written down ingredient amounts for that sauce... It turned out wonderful!

Last edited:
I make that also - It s a favorite-
I changed it up at times by using frozen mixed veggie that were - cauilfower, broccoli, carrots, and water chestnuts mixture. Using same amount as just broccoli cut up would be. I also make a lil more sauce as I like very saucey.
Quick easy meal - thanks for reminding me- haven't made it in awhile. Use to make it all the time when the daughter was living home. One of her favorites.

Hi that was a great recipe... i tried it and it came out wonderfully... every one in house liked it a lot.... my neighbors:mrgreen: came running to my house and tasted and appreciated me for my cooking skill.. but it all goes to you ... thanks a lot ...

Hi that was a great recipe... i tried it and it came out wonderfully... every one in house liked it a lot.... my neighbors:mrgreen: came running to my house and tasted and appreciated me for my cooking skill.. but it all goes to you ... thanks a lot ...
Wow! If all the neighbors came running :LOL:, then it must have turned out great! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :chef:

Back
Top Bottom