Sourdough Ciabatta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bitser

Senior Cook
Lately, I've been making bread by combining sourdough starter with instant yeast, which gives a fast rise and wonderful texture. Here's a batch of ciabattamade with King Arthur white whole wheat flour and cooked on a stone.

nBOmiqr.jpg

d9hbat5.jpg

Tried the combination for a seed loaf, similar to the Whole Foods Seeduction bread.

LMGZ0gS.jpg

njRyx0b.jpg

Thanks for asking. I started baking bread in 1972 (!) in a dutch oven while tending camp for a sheep outfit. So it's sort of an instinct by now. I consult recipes, but seldom follow them exactly. There's a sourdough ciabatta recipe on the King Arthur Flour website, which was my starting point. Have fun!

I’m behind a filter snd firewall snd unable to click links. That’s why I asked for the recipe

Sara, you meant you wanted him to post his version of the King Arthur recipe?

If you want to see the original, go to the KA website and then go to their recipe for Ciabatta Sourdough (or vice/versa).

It's not copyright violation to post an ingredient list. It's not okay to copy the directions and paste them somewhere else.

Tried a hybrid based on a sourdough/yeast ciabatta loaf with sunflower and poppy seeds, and millet. Baked in a French loaf pan. Looks good. Smells good. I'm letting it cool before I taste it.

VWG4jXy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom