Banana Walnut Pancakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

purple.alien.giraffe

Executive Chef
1 cup whole wheat or white whole weat or whole grain multi-grain flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/8 cup ground flax seed
3 tsp double acting baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
2 large eggs, separated
3/4 cup milk
1 tblsp cooking oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large, very ripe bananas
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Mix flour, oats, flax seed, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.

In another bowl mash the bananas until they are gooey but still slightly chunky (I use a potato masher). Add the cinnamon, vanilla, milk, cooking oil and egg yolks. Mix until well blended. Add the mix and the walnuts to the dry ingredients and gently mix until the large lumps are gone and all dry ingredients are moistened (small lumps in the batter are fine and to be expected).

In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter.

Heat a griddle to medium. These pancakes take a little longer to set because the batter is very thick and the banana will release moisture as it cooks. The griddle is hot enough when droplets of water begin to bubble away as soon as they hit the griddle. If the droplets bounce the griddle is too hot.

Spoon about a quarter cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake. They will be ready to flip when you see small bubbles rise to the surface and slowly close. You will also notice the edges of the pancake will begin to pull up from the pan. Flip and continue cooking until done.

Serve with a little butter, sprinkled with powdered sugar or drizzled with fresh strawberry syrup.

Have this one mixed up and ready to go! Left out the cinnamon and walnuts. I'll spread cashew butter on top instead of sugar, jam or syrup.

Thanks, PAG! They smell great and I'm glad Kylie brought this back up!

Have this one mixed up and ready to go! Left out the cinnamon and walnuts. I'll spread cashew butter on top instead of sugar, jam or syrup.

Thanks, PAG! They smell great and I'm glad Kylie brought this back up!

Fi, it was the name of them, I could not resist having a look :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom