Pasta/seafood recipe wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aharley1

Assistant Cook
We had a great dish in an Italian restaurant in Brooksville, FL. It was clams, shrimp, scallops on a bed of pasta with a creamy red sauce (looked kinda like tomato soup, but wasn't. Anyone have any ideas?

If the sauce was creamy, I doubt it was the sauce used in the Rachel Ray Food Network recipe above. That's not creamy at all.

I'd venture a guess that it might have been a Vodka sauce, as those are frequently used for seafood pasta dishes & have a small amount of cream added to the tomato sauce to temper the sharpness of the Vodka. I have several recipes for it, but don't have the sources so can't post them here. If you do a websearch for Vodka pasta sauce tho, I'm sure you'll reap a lot of recipes which you'll see probably strongly resemble what you enjoyed in Brooksville.

If the sauce was creamy, I doubt it was the sauce used in the Rachel Ray Food Network recipe above. That's not creamy at all.

I'd venture a guess that it might have been a Vodka sauce, as those are frequently used for seafood pasta dishes & have a small amount of cream added to the tomato sauce to temper the sharpness of the Vodka. I have several recipes for it, but don't have the sources so can't post them here. If you do a websearch for Vodka pasta sauce tho, I'm sure you'll reap a lot of recipes which you'll see probably strongly resemble what you enjoyed in Brooksville.

You're right - sorry, I should have read that more closely. I bet, though, that if she added a half cup of half and half or heavy cream, it would be close to the sauce she described.

You're right...it was a vodka sauce. I began gathering recipes and ingredients to make some last night. It turned out great. . but I cheated. I was getting stuff together & found Bertollini's Vodka sauce. I did some shrimp, scallops, mussels, etc on a bed of pasta. Yummy!

Bertollini (or is it Bertolli? - I'm having a brain shortout) jarred sauces are excellent!! I always keep a few jars of different sauces in the pantry. There are many good brands out there these days (Barilla, Classico) - I just check the ingredient list first to be sure I'm not buying something with corn syrup, sugar, or other unneccesary additives.

Back
Top Bottom