Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my neighbor just finished vacuuming my house. clean floors put a great big smile on my face. vacuuming is the one chore that is just to much for me to do. i am paying her of course. forty dollars for twice a month.

a check i've waited for for a few months now as a reimbursement finally arrived.

my neighbor just finished vacuuming my house. clean floors put a great big smile on my face. vacuuming is the one chore that is just to much for me to do. i am paying her of course. forty dollars for twice a month.

I am smiling with you Babe, and happy that you are getting help around the house.

My Dad has been fighting a cold and it was affecting his breathing again. We had to put him on 24/7 watch and DH thankfully was off yesterday so we took turns. At 5:30 pm my neighbour (who adores Dad and has stayed with him before), comes over, puts some cash in my hand and tells us to go get dinner or something and she would stay with Dad. It was so nice just to spend a couple of hours out together and not have to worry. I said we should be paying HER! But we do things for each other and she wanted us to just enjoy ourselves.

My final smile came this morning when Dad's fever broke and he started breathing better.

I am smiling with you Babe, and happy that you are getting help around the house.

My Dad has been fighting a cold and it was affecting his breathing again. We had to put him on 24/7 watch and DH thankfully was off yesterday so we took turns. At 5:30 pm my neighbour (who adores Dad and has stayed with him before), comes over, puts some cash in my hand and tells us to go get dinner or something and she would stay with Dad. It was so nice just to spend a couple of hours out together and not have to worry. I said we should be paying HER! But we do things for each other and she wanted us to just enjoy ourselves.

My final smile came this morning when Dad's fever broke and he started breathing better.
Yay!!

:clap:Way to go Babe!:clap:

DH just called and he just got a full-time (temporary) position with the bus company, Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. We don't know for how long, but it will be nice to know when he is working and not have to get a call at 5 am that he needs to be there by 7! And I can plan meals and his lunches better too!

Sounds great, Laurie. That will help for a while!

I'm gearing up for my next 10K and then the Relay for Life Run. I'm hoping the company that was getting finish line photos got one of me. Shrek didn't make it to the race on Saturday.

Sounds great, Laurie. That will help for a while!

I'm gearing up for my next 10K and then the Relay for Life Run. I'm hoping the company that was getting finish line photos got one of me. Shrek didn't make it to the race on Saturday.

You go girl!!!!! When is the next race?

In two weeks, I'm hoping to do much better time wise this time. I did the race on Saturday in 1 hour, 50 min. I'm hoping to make it in 1 hour, 30 min next time. I'm also hoping it will stay cooler, as soon as it gets hot I won't be attending races that happen in the middle of the day.

The cut on my finger started itching. That's the one upon which I stupidly inflicted a serious cut on 2011 April 16. Itching is a good sign.

The cut on my finger started itching. That's the one upon which I stupidly inflicted a serious cut on 2011 April 16. Itching is a good sign.

Now convince Shrek itching is a good sign...:ROFLMAO: His incision is healing well and the hair is growing back...Yes, I'm laughing, not just smiling.

AND the recommendation I made for treating his diabetes is working. His morning blood sugars have been less than 100....:wub:

Now convince Shrek itching is a good sign...:ROFLMAO: His incision is healing well and the hair is growing back...Yes, I'm laughing, not just smiling.

AND the recommendation I made for treating his diabetes is working. His morning blood sugars have been less than 100....:wub:

Sounds good.

waking up this afternoon to hear my wife trying to prevent my son from making noise when they cam home from school, then hearing the little guy say, "don't worry mom, he'll be really happy if i wake him up. we'll play nhl slapshot on the wii!"

That's terrific PF having it low at fasting is ideal. Way to go girl. Tell him to relax and scratch he is on his way.
kades:LOL:

Last edited:
the door bell rang. it was a delivery of a large bouquet of flowers from my son and his wife. i am still smiling. he always sends me flowers for valentines day and for mother's day. good son,.

Finding out I can do so many things i''ve had trouble with. It was so much cleaning and redoing my fish pond and all my planters. Yahoooooo I did it:LOL:
kadesma

Finding out I can do so many things i''ve had trouble with. It was so much cleaning and redoing my fish pond and all my planters. Yahoooooo I did it:LOL:
kadesma
WooHoo!

The last thing that made me smile was a nurse at James's school. James has decided to quit going to school and continue what he is doing at home (he already graduated--this was extended learning), so we went to pick his stuff up today. The nurse and I started talking while James was turning his room key in. She was talking about how nice James is (and you could tell she really meant it--and he is of course!). What made me smile was when James came back and she told James that I am beautiful. :blush:

Yesterday I got a big smile when I was recounting one of my dad's stories to my cousin. The story was about how his 4 brothers dared him to pour a packet of Koolaid into their cistern (like a well, but you have to fill it). He was 5 years old. After he did it they told him he was going to get in trouble because he had poisoned the cistern! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom