Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
texasgirl said:
When I received a picture in the mail of a dear and beautiful lady that I have been lucky enough to befriend here. And Cade is a doll too!!
He is a cutie HUH?:) Glad you like and are still standing:LOL:

kadesma

... starbucks.... doubletall non-fat white mocha and holding Paulie's hand while drinking it.

buckytom said:
'bug did promise me to attend a dc nyc get together if we're able to plan one in the next few months. gotta start working on that. pm me if anyone's interested, with ideas for date, time, and place.

i'm still smiling...:)

I think I could manage NYC! Only a couple hours from here, depending on traffic. I will help in any way I can, BT. As for the date - how about early Spring - after the snow season & before the tourist season. Does NYC actually have an "off season"? :huh:

Corinne, I think Mudbug is in NYC right now. You may have missed out on the meeting! I'm sure bucky would meet you anytime though.

Corinne said:
It sounded like Bucky is planning a DC meeting in NYC sometime in the near future - that's what I was responding to. So, are you gonna be there, Alix? :)

You know...if we get enough Air Miles for me to go, I'm there. My sister lives in NJ so I would combine a visit with her to the agenda. The ticket is pretty pricy though.

Just walked through the family room and glanced over at the sofa. On the left cushion saw a big lump under the slipcover. Went over and patted it. Got a "purr-meow." Yup, C.J. (stands for Casey Jones) has snuggled under the slipcover for an afternoon nap. He's a darling, sweet white wussy of a kittie. Loves to find warm places to nap. Current one is under the slipcover on the sofa. What a silly boy! Gotta love 'em.:)

What made me smile today? Having little Olivia, take 5 steps to me today and then when we sat down for our cuddle visit, she would take her little hands, grab my chin and give me a big kiss..The little cutie already has a personality of her own. She had me laughing as she kept giving my oldest son the "raspberry" then she takes her hand and moving her fingers like she is waving bye bye, she say's tickie tickie as she tries to tickle you..Boy what will she be like 6 months from now?
kadesma:LOL:

that's so sweet, kads. lol about the cuddle visit. we call them squeezee hugs.

k.t.e., gotta love them warm, purring lumps. you can never just make a bed in my house like a normal person. with 4 cats and a boy, someone's always making a lump in the sheets, having fun.

cora, i'm jealous, sounds like fun. can't wait for snow.

corinne, i've mentioned a get together a few times, and there seems to be some interest. not sure if during or after the holidays would be better.

my annual union dinner is a week from friday, december 8th, if anyone's interested in meeting up for some free food and drink. the invitation says for members and guests, but it doesn't mention how many guests are allowed, mwahaha. :)

Last edited:
Sunrise, Sunset, Sunrise, Sunset....remember that song?

The beautiful sunrise and sunset and the marvel of it all. I just gaze at it all in awe and with a smile on my face. :)

Here are the lyrics to the music dancing around in my mental picture of it all, taken from "Fiddler on the Roof," if memory serves. I love it. Sunrise, Sunset

Last edited:
That is a wonderful play and music score! I guess I'm feeling a little nostalgic. Maybe, it's the season for it. I sent some of my kids the link to it hoping they too, would appreciate it. :)

My husband decided he needed a mid-winter break. So, we're going to Reno next week for four days of fun and relaxation and best of all we'll be reliving some romantic memories. It's the first place he took me after we first met!

We've been to some pretty wonderful places since then but...Reno holds a special place in our hearts.

pdswife said:
My husband decided he needed a mid-winter break. So, we're going to Reno next week for four days of fun and relaxation and best of all we'll be reliving some romantic memories. It's the first place he took me after we first met!

We've been to some pretty wonderful places since then but...Reno holds a special place in our hearts.

Hey, that is almost close to my Christmas' wish which is Las Vegas! Reno is indeed a romantic place. DH and I were there last year. Hope you have a nice time reliving fond memories there and that Lady Luck is with you!

Thanks, Remembering the good times will be a major part of this trip. We've been back since the first time but always with other people. This will be the first time alone.

Vegas is COOOOL! I do hope your Christmas wish comes true! Do you want to go in the winter or Summer? Both times are so pretty...just very different. Have you been there before?

It's my oldest sons birthday today and I told my youngest to tell him he's getting old (20) and my youngest looked at me innocently and said, "No he's not he's clean" ..............:LOL:

pdswife said:
Thanks, Remembering the good times will be a major part of this trip. We've been back since the first time but always with other people. This will be the first time alone.

Vegas is COOOOL! I do hope your Christmas wish comes true! Do you want to go in the winter or Summer? Both times are so pretty...just very different. Have you been there before?

I'll go anytime if DH will let me!! It will be my second time after 20-odd years. Still remember Caesar Palace, MGM etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom