Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're in for a shock. The Vegas of today is NOTHING like the Vegas of 20 years ago!! It's grown, it's gotten so HUGE and so much better. It's great. GO!!! Have fun!

Baklava! And oh what are they called...ummmm I always call them Greek Twisty cookies since I can NEVER remember the name.... Koulourakia!! That's it. Those are my favorite. Just the plain ones, with out all the spices.

Paul tried to make them once for me and couldn't get them to twist right and the poor guy got so frustrated... I took over and just kind of made flat balls and filled them with homemade strawberry jam. Oh, they were to die for.

My kid is bringing her grades up. Currently getting an A in two classes she got Fs for on her last report card.

She has been grounded and lost MTV/VH1, cell phone, and computer time (except for homework). I think even she is surprised that life goes on without these "necessities" and that grades dramatically improve when you turn in your homework.

Sizzlin, Happy Birthday to your son! Mudbug - congrats! You must feel wonderful right now - My DH is always a different person when she is grounded - those outside influences, yuck!

:chef: The beautiful sunshine this morning after our terrible storms with rain, sleet and snow. The sunshine was so welcome I just had to smile. :)

I'll be glad to see the sun! We've had none all this week. So, I'm am happy that we've not had snow yet! Lots of rain, heavy rain, working it's way here from the mid west, and the temps are getting colder by the hour, but hey, no snow yet! I only like snow for about a month or two.

amber said:
I'll be glad to see the sun! We've had none all this week. So, I'm am happy that we've not had snow yet! Lots of rain, heavy rain, working it's way here from the mid west, and the temps are getting colder by the hour, but hey, no snow yet! I only like snow for about a month or two.
The sleet, freezing rain and ice aren't very good, and then ours was followed by snow. We also, had the heavy rain at first and our temp dropped more than 60 degrees in just a few hours. The first around 40 degree drop took just a matter of a very few minutes. YIKES!! That's awfully fast.

Stay safe everyone! :)

Getting an early morning call from Cade wanting to know how I was feeling and that he would see me sunday and I love you Ma...Then later this afternoon, hearing a noise,looking over the covers and seeing Etan, finger to lips at his mom and sister saying shhhh, ma is sleeping. As lousy as I felt, those two little guys and Olivia grinning at me, sure helped:)

kadesma

And gave you a Happy Thought to use next time you're down and out.

Feel better!

My brother Bill is doing better. Thursday night he was driving his car when he blacked out and crashed into the ditch. Luckly a co-worker was right behind him. He called for help right away. Thank God he did, the doctor said that he would have been died in 15 minutes. He had an aneurysm burst in his stomach, the doctor said that it had been there at least 2 years. He was bleeding internally and lost 8 units of blood. A great doctor at Mercy Hospital in Des Moines saved his life. He is still in the ICU, hopefully he will be in his own room by tomorrow. There is just the two of us left. I can't believe I almost lost him.

JoAnn, your brother was so very fortunate that his co-worker was there. I hope he recuperates very quickly and is home and healed in time for Christmas. I had an occasion to smile this morning: we belong to an organization called Amigos de Bucerias...it is basically a service group of mostly expatriates like ourselves (although we do have a few Mexican members) who want to do something for the community. We buy trash cans and set them out around our little town, and this morning, two of us took some to the local children's shelter so the children could paint them and make them a little prettier. As I walked in the door, a little four-year old girl ran to me with her arms outstretched for me to pick her up, which I did, happily. The few hours we spent there were full of smiles. My Spanish is not fluent, but we had little trouble communicating. Being retired, I've been looking for some way to spend my free time more productively. I guess I have found it.

Joann,
so sorry to hear about your brother. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.
kadesma

MexicoKaren said:
JoAnn, your brother was so very fortunate that his co-worker was there. I hope he recuperates very quickly and is home and healed in time for Christmas. I had an occasion to smile this morning: we belong to an organization called Amigos de Bucerias...it is basically a service group of mostly expatriates like ourselves (although we do have a few Mexican members) who want to do something for the community. We buy trash cans and set them out around our little town, and this morning, two of us took some to the local children's shelter so the children could paint them and make them a little prettier. As I walked in the door, a little four-year old girl ran to me with her arms outstretched for me to pick her up, which I did, happily. The few hours we spent there were full of smiles. My Spanish is not fluent, but we had little trouble communicating. Being retired, I've been looking for some way to spend my free time more productively. I guess I have found it.
Karen,
what a wonderful thing you're doing. Anyone who gives to a child be it a new toy or some of your time or a hug, is one special person. Bless you. You've made a little child happy.
kadesma:)

ok, this is silly but.... a few weeks ago I got another jury summons in the mail. This would have been the 4th time in 5 years that I'd been called to serve. I was suppose to show up at the courthouse Tuesday morning at 8 but... they just called and they have toooooo many people and not enough trials. I don't have to go! Yippppeeeeee! Yipppppeeeee! Yipppppeeeee!

Back
Top Bottom