Am I REALLY not allowed to stuff the turkey?!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Excellent suggestion jennyema. Food safe 5 gallon buckets are less than 5 dollars (with lid) at Home Depot and they can be used for hundreds of other purposes. I have 10 or so I use for many things. Storage mostly.
I just filled one up with water an hour ago for the herbs I brought inside for the winter.

I brine 2 ginormous turkeys every year and I use coolers lined with XXL ziplock bags (which, i like to say, you can fit a golden retriever in). I put them out on the porch but you can brine anywhere as long as youhave cold packs and moniter the temp.

I brine 2 ginormous turkeys every year and I use coolers lined with XXL ziplock bags (which, i like to say, you can fit a golden retriever in). I put them out on the porch but you can brine anywhere as long as youhave cold packs and moniter the temp.

Excellent info really.
I've used the gallon ziplocks, couldn't even fit a pomeranian in one. Darn it.:LOL:

I made stuffing the other day in a baking dish(how do you stuff a boneless, skinless turkey breast). If I can help it, never again. It really lacked flavor. Long live the Stuffed Bird!!!

Simply pound the breast between two layers of plastic wrap until thin. and even in thickness. Brush with herbed butter, place stuffing mixture in the center of the pounded breast meat, then roll the meat around it to make rouladen. Secure with string, or toothpicks. Dredge in flour and let dry for a couple minutes. Dip in egg-wash until coated, then into seasoned bread crumbs. Bake in a 350' oven for 4o minutes and serve with sides and gravy.

Alternate plan. Use bone-on chicken breasts. Poke a hole into the meat, starting at the thick end of the breast. You will find a place where your finger will slide in between the tenderloin and the main breast muscle. When the hole is made, fill with stuffing. Butter the breast meat, season, and roast qt 450, until juices run clear.

You asked.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom