French Silk Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suzib

Assistant Cook
I am going to make my first French Silk Pie tonight but will be making 2 instead of just one. Can I double the filling recipe and make both at once or should I make just one filling at a time? I know if calls for about 5 minutes of beating after each egg so I wasn't sure how it would work...any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Please send the recipe, so that we can all look at the in's and out's of the result you wish and are looking for. Sounds intriguiging, and I, for one, would be very interested to take a look at the recipe! Apart from that, the REAL experts are always available. I'm going to keep an eye on this thread, because there's always something 'new' to learn! Good luck, I look forward to knowing what you did and how you did it.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

There are plenty of recipes for French Silk Pie on the Web. I couldn't the one from from the other, and I suggest you do a search on the Web to find the recipe you're looking for. Good luck, I look forward to how you went, and how the end result was delicious.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

A number of the recipes on-line have you beating the eggs in a saucepan over direct heat. I probably wouldn't do that. I'd beat the eggs in a bowl over a saucepan of hot water. Less likelihood of producing scrambled eggs!

There's also a school of thought that says if you whip a small amount of cornflour/cornstarch into the eggs before heating (my ice cream book talks about a level teaspoon to 6 eggs, so only a minute amount) it stabilises the eggs and they are less likely to split. That works for me and you can't tell it's in there.

Sorry I can't be of more help with the French Silk Pie. Let us know how you get on.

Back
Top Bottom