Is honey and cinnamon good for the body?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The interweb is full of sites making money off these questions relating to every substance that crossed the lips of man or beast. Some of these sites are better than others. My suggestion is to pick one or two you trust and make them your authority.

With cinnamon, you can go down a pretty deep hole over the cinnamon/cassia question. Here's WebMD on cinnamon, WebMD on cassia, and WebMD on honey.

If you're interested more in micronutrient analysis, I use Self Nutrition Data.
There's also the USDA site.
But the one I rely on most is the curated data from Cromometer.com, especially their data sourced from NCCDB.

Hope something here helps but if not, somebody will give you what you're looking for, I'm sure.

Honey is basically a type of sugar. It has no special health benefits, other than as a topical treatment for certain skin conditions and it soothes a sore throat. I doubt taking it for some health issue on your own will be very effective because there's little data on how much to take for, for example, the ulcers caused by H. pylori mentioned on the WebMD site. Antibiotics prescribed by a doctor would be much more effective. Trying to treat infections on your own can be very dangerous.

Cinnamon is a seasoning. Use it to flavor your food. While some studies may show that certain chemicals extracted from substances like cinnamon can have beneficial effects in the laboratory, it's a mistake to think the same benefits can be obtained from the whole food.

Honey is basically a type of sugar. It has no special health benefits, other than as a topical treatment for certain skin conditions and it soothes a sore throat. I doubt taking it for some health issue on your own will be very effective because there's little data on how much to take for, for example, the ulcers caused by H. pylori mentioned on the WebMD site. Antibiotics prescribed by a doctor would be much more effective. Trying to treat infections on your own can be very dangerous.

Cinnamon is a seasoning. Use it to flavor your food. While some studies may show that certain chemicals extracted from substances like cinnamon can have beneficial effects in the laboratory, it's a mistake to think the same benefits can be obtained from the whole food.

OK, thankyou. So to confirm, it doesn't provide any health benefit for the body other then what was mentioned in this thread?

is there anything bad that honey does to the body? like for example rot the teeth and mouth? I figure that might be the case because it has sugar in it.

Last edited:
OK, thankyou. So to confirm, it doesn't provide any health benefit for the body other then what was mentioned in this thread?
Yes.

is there anything bad that it does to the body? like for example rot the teeth and mouth?
You received thorough answers from Larry in your threads on citrus and vinegar. Anything that sticks to your teeth can cause cavities.

I think there is benefit when you put a spoonful of honey in a cup of tea and use a cinnamon stick to stir it with. It causes you to pause, slow down, think, and relax until the tea is cool enough to drink.

is there anything bad that honey does to the body? like for example rot the teeth and mouth? I figure that might be the case because it has sugar in it.

Honey will do a number on your teeth due to its High (basically all) sugar content and its sticky-ness. if dissolved in tea, basically same affect ( effect ( Ill never get it right)) as sugar. key thing with any sweet sticky foods is just make sure to brush and floss. The longer the sugar has contact with the teeth, the more likely tooth decay will result.

All that being said, I just bought 3 jars of flavored creamed honey ( Passion fruit, key like and raspberry) to dip apples into.

Back
Top Bottom