What's the best emulsifier for ice cream in this case?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Divide by his recipe. He is using quarts. 1 quart - 4 cups. So basically cut his recipe in half to match close to yours. U will have a bit more (2 cups more) so u may have a little left over.

All u need is
Whole milk - 2 cups
Half half - 2 cups
Heavy cream - 2 cups
Sugar - 1 1/2 cup
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Popcorn - keep it at 2 cups

Okay thanks. My ice cream maker is not big enough to fit six cups worth in though. So maybe I should still stick to 4 cups of cream, like the original recipe, but what if I had 1 1/3 cup of whole milk, 1 1/3 half half, and 1 1/3 heavy cream. Could that work the same way?

Okay thanks. My ice cream maker is not big enough to fit six cups worth in though. So maybe I should still stick to 4 cups of cream, like the original recipe, but what if I had 1 1/3 cup of whole milk, 1 1/3 half half, and 1 1/3 heavy cream. Could that work the same way?

Close enough. You should change the sugar too then. Change it to 1 cup or slightly less. Salt change to 1/3 or 1/4.

Last edited:
Oh well the recipe calls for table stoons of sugar though, or I mean the one I posted.

Yep. Different recipe. If ur basing off the vid I posted use his measurements. For popcorn just add popcorn part.
This is really not this complicated. It’s simple.
Use measurements in video I gave for base ice cream. Shave off percentage for whatever size you want to make. For popcorn flavor watch popcorn vid and add the popcorn, steep it, and strain it out before churning. Easy peasy. Don’t forget to have fun doing it. It’s like a science experiment. Enjoy it :)

Oh okay sure. If I go by his video, I think the sugar will be too much since I do not want the popcorn ice cream to be too sweet and still want some saltiness to it. If I multiply for three quarts of cream like in the video, then I would need maybe 20 table spoons of sugar I think.

Oh okay sure. If I go by his video, I think the sugar will be too much since I do not want the popcorn ice cream to be too sweet and still want some saltiness to it. If I multiply for three quarts of cream like in the video, then I would need maybe 20 table spoons of sugar I think.

Your recipe is 4 cups of liquid. The vid is 12 cups. In other words divide his recipe by 3 to get to your sizing...

Oh okay thanks. However, since I am removing the eggs from the popcorn ice cream recipe, should I make up any difference there?

No. No need. Just keep in mind Scottin reply. Try to get the machine cold first before putting in liquid. Let machine run for 10min or so before putting in the liquid. Afterwards get it right into the freezer ASAP.

Last edited:
Oh okay thanks, but I have the machine where it turns a bowl, so wouldn't leaving the bowl running for 10 minutes, give it time to warm up?

What makes yours cold? However u make it cold he is saying make it cold ahead of time before pouring in the mix. You will have better results.

Yeah I put the ice cream in the fridge to overnight before churning it the next day. Probably should be colder, but I live with people who do not want the fridge super cold though.

No I’m talking about the churner. The colder that is when you start churning the better.
Typically you put ice and rock/ice cream salt in churner to make cold. Get the churner going and cold it up before putting liquid in. The cooler the initial churn the better.

The liquid you can cool too if you want. I personally don’t bother but to each their own. Key is get it cold as quick as possible and churned. Then if possible pack in double lined freeze container. Keep in coldest part of freezer at least for first day while it takes final form.

If u ever get around to vanilla try the vid I listed and keep the extra mix to make more batches. Freeze the mix until your ready to make more. Keep frozen sealed though so not go get that freeze taste in it. Use freezer bags over your container.
His recipe is spot on for vanilla. Everyone who tries mine based off this goes back for 2nd. Every single time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom