Pork Spareribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
Does anyone have a recipe for cooking spareribs in a slow cooker? I bought some today and thought I'd like to try making them in my crock pot. Thanks in advance.

Okay, quick and easy. Cut the ribs into portion sizes that will fit into the crockpot. Wrap them up in cheesecloth. Put them into the crockpot, pour in a big can of pork & beans, and a bottle of your favorite store bought barbeque sauce. Turn on LOW and go away for 8 hours. Of course, if you're a purist, you can make your own beans, and your grandma's barbeque sauce from scratch, but if you had that kind of time, I don't think you'd need a crockpot!

If you're wondering about the cheescloth, it's to keep the meat and bones together and not mixed in with the beans and sauce, because the meat will literally be fall-off-the-bone tender.

that sounds good caine. i like the cheesecloth idea.

lyndalou, i peel the back then cut the ribs into 2 or 3 sections to fit into the crock. rub with s&p and/or the dry rub mix of your choice and brown them quickly in oil.

a layer of thickly sliced onions is put into the bottom of the crockpot, then the ribs go in, topped with a few more onion slices. douse with a healthy amout of bbq sauce, cover and set to high for about 5 hours.

Thanks, guys. My DH doesn't eat beans, but the onions and bbq sauce sounds great. Love the cheesecloth idea, too.

Yeah, those both sound great. And easy! Always a plus.
BTW, where do you buy cheesecloth? Is that a grocery store item? What a slick idea to cook the beans on top of the ribs!

Back
Top Bottom