Chili/mac

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
teeth are still hurting for certain.
I wondered if when I get home from work, I could combine, chili from a can and a box of mac and cheese, cause it's kind of soft and not real hard to chew.
Do you think it would work if I mixed the two? I saw a can of Dennison chili with mac/cheese which gave me the idea

hmmmm, I like chili. I like mac and cheese from a box (I admit), but I don't know if I'd like both combined. Probably because I don't add cheese to my chili. I eat it straight up, of poured over french fries with onions and cheese added. I always have a couple cans of Chunky Roadhouse chili on hand to pour over FFs for a quick lunch/snack :pig:

Let us know how it works for you if you try it, lefslover. I wonder if it gets the consistancy of a casserole? Do you actually mix them together after cooking, or does one get poured onto the other?

Trust me - it works. I love chili mac. Around here it is the kind of food yuo make when you just want something to eat and are too tired to cook.

Definitely works. I have done it about 5 times in the last two months. I take ground beef, chili powder, and onions and mix them up. Cook the mac and cheese, combine and have a great meal in a quick amount of time. I swear by it.

Chili mac... yum!
Taco mac... yum!
(Taco meat and mac a chee)
Hot Dog mac... yum!

Leftover lemon pepper salmon mac.... double yum!

I'd forgotten about this thread.
yes, it worked.
I just made the boxed mix of mac/cheese [I never buy these boxed type things] but do keep a few of them on hand for when the baby's come visit.
Heated up the Dennisons chili con carne, mixed them together and gingerly ate.
I must say, it was really good, not gourmet, duh, but tasted just wonderful.:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom