Ranch Beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Anyone know what ranch beans are? Recipe on here called for couple of cans and cannot find them. Is there substitute?

I had trouble finding them in my grocery and asked for them only to find Ranch written in large letters on the can - I wasn't looking for a brand, just a description. I use them in taco soup.

Last edited:
No Substitute

Guess I have to go to other stores to see if they have them. I don't think this recipe would be same if I tried pork n beans. As my mother always told me, make the recipe for what it calls for. Otherwise, may not get the end result. If I am putting time into this dish, I want to duplicate it.

Thanks for all your responses. At least you know what I am talking about. You probably go through this experience too. Not finding where you normally shop.

In the Kitchen said:
Guess I have to go to other stores to see if they have them. I don't think this recipe would be same if I tried pork n beans. As my mother always told me, make the recipe for what it calls for. Otherwise, may not get the end result. If I am putting time into this dish, I want to duplicate it.

Thanks for all your responses. At least you know what I am talking about. You probably go through this experience too. Not finding where you normally shop.

It will definately not taste the same. They have spices and seasonings that no other beans have. :)

Back
Top Bottom