Risotto: Post your favorite ways to cook it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I usually keep my risotto pretty simple, because it's a great dish to show off flavors, IMO. Last time I started with brunoise of onion, garlic, and carrot, sweat the vegetables. I had mushrooms sauteeing in another pan, and the rice toasting in another. From there it was pretty standard; add rice, add chicken stock, eventually added some chopped chicken, asparagus, and lots of sage too. Garnished with those shrooms and a little bit of cheese (forgot what kind, sorry).

This was heaven for me, because I love the flavor of chicken and sage, and of course those flavors permeated throughout the dish.

I made a cowboy risotto once, southwest flavors using dried chilis, beef and beef stock, and spices and vegetables like you might find in chili, but no beans. It turned out well from a technique standpoint, but I dunno, something about the aggressive flavors and the smooth texture just didn't work for me.

GB, I believe you with your rice cooker method. I loved risotto but rarely made it because I did not have the time to sit and stir - I came across a recipe I make in the microwave and it is delish! My guests taste no difference! Basic, onions, butter, arborio rice and chicken broth then wine and cheese - I add veggies sometimes.

for some reason, I had this bookmarked from way back.
still hoping for a chef's recipe on one I had in Omaha NB. I think it's time for another reminder to the manager of that hotel who's looking into it for me.

Back
Top Bottom