Chocolate Bread?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarciMellow

Assistant Cook
An idea came to my mind a while back for having chocolate breadsticks.... but I can't find any recipes that look like it would work.

Any suggestions?

Welcome to DC, Marci! :chef:

Do you have a favourite breadstick recipe right now? Given the ingredients in most (recipes) I'd tend to try just adding a bit of cocoa powder (say 2-4 tbsp depending on the size fo the recipe) and possibly lowering the cooking temperature just a little. Another idea might be to use a chocolate biscotti recipe and shape them into long breadstick shapes instead of the more traditional stretched out looking cresent moon shape of a biscotti cookie :)

Welcome to DC, Marci.

I don't have a recipe for chocolate breadsticks, but perhaps this one might appeal to you.

Chocolate Walnut Bread

1 loaf (1 lb) frozen bread dough, thawed
4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
2-3 tbls honey

Preheat oven to 375°F. Let dough rise until twice its original size. Punch down and roll dough out to 6 X 12" rectangle. Sprinkle chocolate and walnuts down center of dough to within 1" of each edge.

Pull long sides up toward center; press to seal seams. Place dough, seam side down, into lightly greased Loaf Pan. Evenly spread honey over top. Bake 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool slightly in pan. Remove from pan and cool an additional 10-15 minutes before slicing.

I made "sort of" chocolate breadsticks for an afternoon snack for my kids just a few days ago.

I used a sheet of puff pastry and rolled it out to about twice the normal size.

Then I grated some Ghiradelli dark chocolate over the lower half. Fold it in half so the chocolate is in the middle. Roll it again.

Paint the entire top with a beaten egg and sprinkle with sanding sugar.

Cut into thin strips, twist a few times and place on a baking sheet.

Bake at 375 for about 10 - 12 minutes. The kids loved them!

Alexa

Back
Top Bottom