Grain free breads?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking4Fun

Senior Cook
Does anyone know any good grain free bread recipes? Do they ever contain vegetables or just nut flours and ground seeds?

There are a lot of Indian flat breads made with besan, and other legume flours, as well as grains that have no gluten, if that's your concern. I have dried eggplant and butternut squash, and ground that up, to use those flours in flat breads, and I've used the butternut flour in breads in place of pumpkin, but those also had wheat flour.

There are a lot of Indian flat breads made with besan, and other legume flours, as well as grains that have no gluten, if that's your concern. I have dried eggplant and butternut squash, and ground that up, to use those flours in flat breads, and I've used the butternut flour in breads in place of pumpkin, but those also had wheat flour.

Besan is made from run of the mill Chickpeas?

Besan is made from run of the mill Chickpeas?
Besan is made from chana dal - chick peas that have been split and hulled. In some Indian stores you can find besan made from black chick peas, that have not been hulled. Kala chana besan is made from the whole black chick peas.

Back
Top Bottom