Multigrain bread recipe DEEElicious

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Candocook

Washing Up
verbatim: So Good, and So Good for You!

Made with Bob's Mill 7 Grain cereal mix. This is wonderful bread.
I used bread flour (cannot imagine why the recipe doesn't call for it in the first place) and added vital gluten for the whole wheat that is used.
I just mixed the sunflower seeds in with the flour while the dough was relatively soft. I did use my KA paddle to mix the dough up until kneading in the last of the flour. It took about 5 minutes of kneading. Turned into an oiled bowl and covered with a towel for rising.
I have a KA but never use the dough hook, so I kneaded the bread. The first rise took a bit longer than they say, but as with any bread recipe, that is to be expected.
I just formed the bread into loaves--not the rolling out technique, which is fine, but I just don't always find necessary.
The second rise was quite good and quick. There is not much oven spring to this recipe, and the next time I will let it rise a bit more.
AND most important--for doneness, check the internal temp of this bread-- 200*. I did not use the oats--I did rub the top crust with butter while hot in order to get a softer crust. Otherwise, I think it would have been very very hard.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom