The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Anybody watch this on tv with Keifer Sutherland? Starting again January 9. Really keeps me on the edge the whole hour. Comments?

His father has been a favorite of my for years and years. I have watched it a couuple of times bacause he does remind me a little of his father and he is an excellent actor. I saw the posting earlier and do plan to watch on Jan 9.

Thanks for making me feel like someone agrees with me. Only people who seem to like it around here is my son's friends. The gals I talk to like Desparate Housewives whichi I can't get excited about. Guess it proves we aren't alike! I am looking forward to it. Keifer is like his father I agree. I always liked his dad too.

I love the show to death, me and Cat used to watch it every week over a few beers and thai food. What I love is that it's a show that presents a painfully honest world view... that there's no "black and white" when it comes to good and evil.

I mean the main character played by Keifer is simultaneosly one of the greatest villains and heros of all times, balancing out as a very brave yet ruthless antihero. The show's aditional characters are also great and have a lot of life in them, from President Palmer to Keifers pretty boy partner.

norgeskog: I love his dad and I can watch Mash back to back without it annoying me. I would love to see Donald make a cameo in 24... despite being a great "comedic" actor when he put's a straight face he's one of the scariest guys out there. Keifer is a worker much like his dad, he is an actor that will do any thing from purely voice roles (phone booth, armitage 3) to Television and every thing in between. Besides he also playes a real good Lon Chaney type character in Dark city which is for me one of my favorite on screen characters.

I'm hooked on 24. I am totally intrigued that he seems to have a new love interest!!

I NEVER miss an episode... I was soooooo excited watching previews tonight!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total edge of your seat... adreneline pumping action every episode!!

Woohooooo I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We always get messed up on the schedule of the show. Right now we are watching Season 3, to get ready for the premiere for Season 4.

I love Netflix!!!

Kiefer Sutherland is going to be on Dave Letterman show tonite. Guess he is trying to promote the new season. When I saw him last on the show, he wasn't the kind that seemed to joke very much. Seems very serious. I am so happy you all enjoy it the way I do. I just don't know why it didn't get any attention at any of the award shows last year. I was so impressed of the plot in supposedly 24 hours? I used to like X-Files too. Since they are gone I am hooked on 24. Anybody like Law and Order: Criminal Intent. The main guy in there impresses me as someone who has the kind of mind the criminal does. The way he thinks and analyses the subjects sometimes make me laugh. There are some good shows on tv. Since we got Tivo, no commercials!!!!!! I used to fall asleep during them there were so many. Same reason about car radio, commercials. At least the Super Bowl has commercials that hold my attention.

For me when it first was announced I was put off by the concept as there was a (brief!) real time trend including movies filmed in "real time" (the entire plot took place over an hour and a half for example, using multiple cameras to show more than one event at once), video games in real time (night and day would happen according to your pc's clock) and even cd's (cd's recorded in one take as if they where a concert).

Then I finally caught a random episode of 24... it was violent, it was poetic and it was dead serious high stakes stuff.

I missed really few since then.

Lugaru, so glad you feel the way I do. I rarely miss the show unless someone forgets to record them, like me. I don't watch tv too often only when something really has good characters and I think he is one of the best. Did you see him in the one movie with Julia Roberts something about flatline? Where they died for few seconds and came back?

Interesting comments on Sutherland. Are any of you aware that his grandmother is Shirley Douglas, a very well known and highly respected Canadian actress. As well, her father, Tommy Douglas, was the man responsible for getting Canadians our Medicare system. Quite a family.

DId anyone see The View this morning? Kiefer was one of their guests and it was a great interview. He is a very charming guy, like his father. He was promoting, of course, the new season we are all going to watch.

bienallo said:
Interesting comments on Sutherland. Are any of you aware that his grandmother is Shirley Douglas, a very well known and highly respected Canadian actress. As well, her father, Tommy Douglas, was the man responsible for getting Canadians our Medicare system. Quite a family.

I bet the Canadian Medicare system is in better shape than ours.

norgeskog, he really is in the right show isn't he? This sounds so interesting that his own family has made some difference in our society. He is extremely intense in his mannerism no matter when I see him. Very serious. This show 24 is on on Sunday and Monday for 2 hours each? Did I get that right? I wish him the best and I did hear he got some kind of award for the show which I was happy to hear. He doesn't look like he is a very big guy. Who cares just point of interest.

norgeskog, he really is in the right show isn't he? This sounds so interesting that his own family has made some difference in our society. He is extremely intense in his mannerism no matter when I see him. Very serious. This show 24 is on on Sunday and Monday for 2 hours each? Did I get that right? I wish him the best and I did hear he got some kind of award for the show which I was happy to hear. He doesn't look like he is a very big guy. Who cares just point of interest.

In the Kitchen said:

It is on sunday, but I think the monday one is reruns or repeat. Do not know for certain. He has received two tv awards for the show. He is about as tall as his father, I believe.

The only main character returning from last season is Jack Bauer. I'm not very excited about that. I liked the chemistry & history with the characters in all the previous seasons. The previews still look action packed, so I still can't wait. But I'm very curious about this season.

Hi everyone and a Happy New Year to you all. Yesterday I posted a response regarding the Sutherlands and later couldn't find it - vanished into thin air! Anyway, I wanted to ask if anyone is aware that Keifer's mother, Shirley Douglas, is a well known, superbly talented and highly respected Canadian actress. As well, her father, Tommy Douglas was completely responsible for getting us Canadians our Medicare system. A very talented family.

Back
Top Bottom