Favourite CD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
if it is, please forgive me.:cool:
I tried the search on this site and although it brought up a bunch of things, nothing came up with what's your favorite CD.

Do you have a favorite? Is it new or old? Is it the same as several months ago, or has it changed with you buying new ones?

I have a new favorite CD. After watching Simon Cowell on Oprah a couple of months ago (he was there to promote his new creation called :ROFLMAO: Il Divo:ROFLMAO: ) I am hooked, hook, line and sinker.

I listen to the CD everytime I'm in the car. I blare it so loud I know people are concerned with my seeming lack of hearing. It's mostly opera music, with a couple of songs in English and then mixes of both, by 4 lovely and talented men from Spain, USA, Switzerland and France. The music they sing is in my mind around the clock. Yeh, I must say, I am so happy I tuned in that day for that particular show of hers. Anyone else have a favorite CD?

Def Leppard???!!!! :mellow: (giggle) :-p J/k

Ummmmm mine is the 1st album from Avril Lavigne. Shes HOT and VERY talented!!! Im just wondering if her talent is in more things than just singing. :in_love:

It changes all the time but one of my favorites this week is Goldfrapp: Felt Mountain. She's a terrific singer and I'm looking forward to the band's upcomming 3rd album. They're kind of experimental trip-hop.

B00004XSS2.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

A favorite?, Too hard to choose but I like Ricky Van Shelton, Bob Marley, Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Kevin Sharp, Neil Diamond, John Michael Montgomery, the list goes on.:)

YEs it's hard to choose for me also... But I really love Big House and their sounds... :)
"Don't do me any favors","Cold Outside", and etc. ...Then "The Robert Cray Band" also I was warned...

tweedee said:
A favorite?, Too hard to choose but I like Ricky Van Shelton, Bob Marley, Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Kevin Sharp, Neil Diamond, John Michael Montgomery, the list goes on.:)

:):)We love Neil Daiamond too Tweedee. We're going to go see him in September. I am so excited.

We really don't buy many CD's. I think the last one I bought
was The Irish Tenors. Still love them. John Denver is still my favorite though.:)

My favorites change fairly frequently. I have some classic favorites that I will always love but rarely play, then a couple times a year I hear something that blows me away and I listen to it over and over again.

One quite pleasant surprise this year was the debut release by a group called Sugarland. Their album has gone platinum and has already had two single releases. I think there are several more songs on the album that could do well on the singles charts.

B000640XPW.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Terripan Station by the Grateful Dead, or Animals from Pink Floyd...mmmm, maybe Shooting Rubberbands at the Stars by Eddie Brickell, Aja by Steely Dan. Ok, I can't pick a favorite

pdswife said:
Still love them. John Denver is still my favorite though.:)

I just saw John Denver...:) I love him very much. I don't know him very well maybe but I bought his Wildlife Concert CD. I understand that he felt his music when he was playing and singing. I play his songs with my guitar... I wish I could see him in live performance and he is still alive..:ermm:

My favourites change, I guess my all time favourite would be Piano Man by Billy Joel but I really love American Idiot (Greenday) and The Best of Robbie Williams, at the moment. My husband is obsessed with the White Stripes and even belongs to a WS forum, I enjoyed them in concert but there is plenty of other music I like better.

I could never narrow it down to one single favorite, but some of the things I've been playing a lot lately:

Iron & Wine - Our Endless Numbered Days
Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin & Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
Built to Spill - Ancient Melodies of the Future
Holly Cole - Don't Smoke in Bed
Allison Kraus + Union Station - New Favorite
Jesus & Mary Chain - 21Singles
Jack Johnson - On and On
Blackmore's Night - Under a Violet Moon
Liz Phair - Exile in Guyville & Whitechocolatespaceegg

msalper said:
I just saw John Denver...:) I love him very much. I don't know him very well maybe but I bought his Wildlife Concert CD. I understand that he felt his music when he was playing and singing. I play his songs with my guitar... I wish I could see him in live performance and he is still alive..:ermm:

hum, I don't know if I understood you saying you just saw John Denver. He passed away on his plane a few years ago. I was flying over the site at the very time his plane was being investigated and we were told when we landed in LA that it was in fact him (John Denver) who perished that day, in his airplane. Such a shame, I adored his music too.

Back
Top Bottom