"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2021, 11:33 AM   #2741
Wannabe TV Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz View Post
Does anyone have any word on CherylJ?
She hasn't been around since September... she made mention that this pandemic business had her in a bad way as well as Kayelle
Kayelle was around at her birthday,
but CherylJ is still MIA ... does anyone have contact with her?
Kaneohegirlinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 01:26 PM   #2742
Certified Cake Maniac

I am still in isolation though I am "allowed" out to walk Miley once a day - fully masked and socially distanced! I still haven't received my first COVID-19 Vaccine and then I will be allowed out more.

I decided to spend some of my time taking an Editing Certificate program to make me "look" like I know what I'm doing, which I do.

It seems like I get here and stay for a few days and then disappear again. I don't mean to - life is just getting complicated.

Oh, have I mentioned that I have finally been formally diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. Not a big surprise and I am eating pretty well, anyway! It is just more medicine
Old 04-07-2021, 02:21 PM   #2743
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz View Post
Kayelle was around at her birthday,
but CherylJ is still MIA ... does anyone have contact with her?
I, frequently, have wondered about them also.

Ross
Old 04-07-2021, 04:07 PM   #2744
Certified/Certifiable

Kayelle, CherylJ, and BuckyTom, three whoe are missed, and worried about. I just wish that I knew if they are safe.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- https://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 04:21 PM   #2745
Wannabe TV Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
... snipped
I decided to spend some of my time taking an Editing Certificate program to make me "look" like I know what I'm doing, which I do.
Good on ya Lydia!!!
Old 04-07-2021, 04:23 PM   #2746
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
Kayelle, CherylJ, and BuckyTom, three whoe are missed, and worried about. I just wish that I knew if they are safe.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
I miss BT's posts also. If memory serves me, he announced his intent to leave. I hope he is well too.

Ross
Old 04-07-2021, 04:26 PM   #2747
Wannabe TV Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cooking View Post
I miss BT's posts also. If memory serves me, he announced his intent to leave. I hope he is well too.

Ross
Yes he did.
https://www.discusscooking.com/forum...ml#post1586963
Old 04-07-2021, 04:32 PM   #2748
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cooking View Post

Ross
Yes, Bucky T left a few years ago because he wasn't happy with the way things were run. He had left before for similar reasons but always came back after a while. This last time he PM'd me (and I believe others) to say he was not coming back. I unfortunately believed him. I miss him too.
Old 04-16-2021, 08:32 PM   #2749
Cupcake

I hope all are well. All are greatly missed.

~Kathleen

A little bit Ginger. A little bit Mary Ann.
Kathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 02:45 PM   #2750
Chef Extraordinaire

You guys are just the best.

We've really missed all of you too. The pandemic along with the USA problems really knocked me out of the emotional ball park with clinical depression/anxiety. My Dr. changed my meds and now I'm good to go, or at least, lots better. Besides, I knew I'd never be able to keep my yap shut with my political rants. I was a good girl..

I'm thankful all of those we love survived to live more of their precious lives with Steve and I. I'm also so thankful for the vaccine to protect us all. Yep, I'm a believer in the vaccine along with my family. There's just nothing like family hugs..what a blessing they are and how they were missed! I thank God we had each other to hold tight in the dark days. I call him my rock and my soft place to fall.

I frankly don't care if people choose to play Russian Roulette with Covid19 by not getting vaccinated, but don't expect me to wear a mask to protect YOU, unless I'm required to do so.

We have been fully vaccinated since mid March..exactly a year since the lockdown began here. We had no side issues with either shot, other than sore arms. My arm is still very sore but the way I see it, that's a small price to pay for protection from this pandemic curse. I wish it would get better though.

I see that my last post here was on my birthday in December and I want to share one of the most precious gifts I've ever received in my very long life, from my sweet 27 yr old Sarah... Actually I wonder if I'm actually the woman she thinks I am.
My signature continues to inspire me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sarah1.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	46943   Click image for larger version

Name:	sarah2.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	46944  

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 02:53 PM   #2751
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post

We've really missed all of you too. The pandemic along with the USA problems really knocked me out of the emotional ball park with clinical depression/anxiety. My Dr. changed my meds and now I'm good to go, or at least, lots better. Besides, I knew I'd never be able to keep my yap shut with my political rants. I was a good girl..

I'm thankful all of those we love survived to live more of their precious lives with Steve and I. I'm also so thankful for the vaccine to protect us all. Yep, I'm a believer in the vaccine along with my family. There's just nothing like family hugs..what a blessing they are and how they were missed! I thank God we had each other to hold tight in the dark days. I call him my rock and my soft place to fall.

I frankly don't care if people choose to play Russian Roulette with Covid19 by not getting vaccinated, but don't expect me to wear a mask to protect YOU, unless I'm required to do so.

We have been fully vaccinated since mid March..exactly a year since the lockdown began here. We had no side issues with either shot, other than sore arms. My arm is still very sore but the way I see it, that's a small price to pay for protection from this pandemic curse. I wish it would get better though.

I see that my last post here was on my birthday in December and I want to share one of the most precious gifts I've ever received in my very long life, from my sweet 27 yr old Sarah... Actually I wonder if I'm actually the woman she thinks I am.
Kayelle, you can't ask for a better gift than that!
Old 05-20-2021, 03:17 PM   #2752
Chef Extraordinaire

That's wonderful, Kayelle
Old 05-20-2021, 03:20 PM   #2753
Executive Chef

Happy to see you back, Kayelle.

Ross
Old 05-20-2021, 04:40 PM   #2754
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Welcome back, Kayelle!
Old 05-20-2021, 04:55 PM   #2755
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Kayelle, that is a lovely gift. I'm sure those words apply more than you know.
Old 05-20-2021, 06:23 PM   #2756
Certified/Certifiable

Kayell, I know how much that gift means to you, s I am blessed with amazing, and loving grandchildren myself. Every word they say, everything they do, is precious beyond description. I am so pleased you have your grandkids love. Life doesn't get any better than that.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the
north

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- https://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 08:39 PM   #2757
Chef Extraordinaire

Boy, Kayelle, it is good seeing you back here. Glad to read that you're looking on the bright side again and "back in the ballpark". The fact that you used that expression even though you don't like baseball made me chuckle. It doesn't take much to amuse me. Now if you only could get Cheryl to join you and Sous on the bench...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
...I see that my last post here was on my birthday in December and I want to share one of the most precious gifts I've ever received in my very long life, from my sweet 27 yr old Sarah... Actually I wonder if I'm actually the woman she thinks I am.
That is so precious! What a special gift.
"The essence of America - that which really unites us - is not ethnicity, or nationality or religion - it is an an idea - and what an idea it is: That you can come from humble circumstances and do great things. That it doesn't matter where you came from but where you are going."~ Condoleezza Rice
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 02:42 AM   #2758
Cupcake

A beautiful gift, Kayelle. Warm and thoughtful, and full of love.

~Kathleen

A little bit Ginger. A little bit Mary Ann.
Kathleen is offline   Reply With Quote