Happy Halloween Everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I miss the days of taking Nancy out trick-or-treating!

I got to spend much of the day with my best friend, running errands, then over at her house, hanging out with her, her husband, and their two kids. My best friend and I are an interesting pair. Christi is 28 years old (6 months older than my daughter Nancy) and I will be 50 next week. I tease that I help keep Christi young and she reminds me to be a grown-up some of the time. :LOL:

Our church had a little festival for the kids (and grown-ups, but of course mostly for the kids) this evening. We had a hotdog dinner, a cake walk, games, and tons of candy for the kids.

We have never had a kid come to our house on Halloween (in California we often had 250) so I gave up buying candy for it after the first 2 years here. We're kind of in the country and the only kids on our road are in high school.

:)Barbara

I don't know how many trick or treaters we get here as I'm always out with Bily who was the black spiderman (venom) this year. Great weather for it tonight too. We had a high of 67 degrees today.
Cade was black spiderman too..he looked so cute, I bet Billy did too..Carson was a small but sassy Batman, Ethan the handsome pirate and Livi was Elsmo minus head, she refused to have that head on hers:LOL: All so cute and fun..I had as much fun as they did riding around their neighborhood in my s-i-l's golf cart Woo hoo

kadesma;)

Rom, if you are an organizer and a planner like me you keep track of how many kids come to your door and then the next year you have a rough estimate of what to buy. You also have to take into account the weather though. If its nice out, you have to double your purchase. I'm a nasty person too, I buy "good candy" for the kids who really make an effort with their costumes and those kids I like (LOL!!) and some "regular candy" for those kids who just show up or those that I don't much like. This year was the warmest in 25 years and I had one of the smallest turnouts EVER! I did, however, give out all my "good candy" as all my regular little cuties came out.

Sigh, I miss the good old days when all the kids ran around the block. Now they just get dumped off at the Mall and do the rounds there. Boooooring. Oh well, the times they are a changing.

Hey look, a kitchen elf!
l_27725dbcfa5e12b0a89d5171cb860e13.png

haha yes, that would be me. That was AFTER I got back from the concert / costume party. Before, it was a bit harder to move around with all the leather armor and carrying the bow.

WOW Alix, thats really being organised :)

I wish I could see ur pic but im at work....**** those restrictions lol

ooo i didn't realise a 4 letter word starting with d and ending in n would bring up stars..sorry :S

Back
Top Bottom