Haven't Been Around Much - Missed Everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toots

Head Chef
Hey guys - I haven't been on the boards much in the past several weeks. My dad died the day after Thanksgiving after a lengthy illness. I've been traveling to my mom's house and trying to help her as much as I can. To tell the truth, I haven't done too much cooking lately and I miss it. We're not doing Christmas this year, it just doesn't feel festive.
I did bake some cookies and fudge tonight to take to my vet's office and to the dog kennel we use.
Anyway, just wanted to pop in here and read the boards and say hi.

I'm so sorry to hear of your father's death, Toots. And when it's so close to the holidays, you just can't "brighten up". You are a blessing to your mother so let that be enough this year and don't feel guilty for passing on Christmas celebrations.

My father died on Christmas morning 3 years ago so we postponed our Christmas for 2 full weeks. We probably would have skipped it all together that year but my youngest was only 2 and he'd been looking forward to Santa for a month. Still, it was very hard to muster up any real enthusiasm.

Take care and get back to DC when you can.

Hey guys - I haven't been on the boards much in the past several weeks. My dad died the day after Thanksgiving after a lengthy illness. I've been traveling to my mom's house and trying to help her as much as I can. To tell the truth, I haven't done too much cooking lately and I miss it. We're not doing Christmas this year, it just doesn't feel festive.
I did bake some cookies and fudge tonight to take to my vet's office and to the dog kennel we use.
Anyway, just wanted to pop in here and read the boards and say hi.
Hi Toots,
I'm sorry to hear you lost your dad..I know how much that can hurt. Of course you don't feel festive, I wouldn't either..Try to rest and get to that point where you remember all the fun and good times with mom and dad and that dad is in a wonderful place and not hurting or unhappy. Hugs and prayers for all of you.
kadesma

Hey Miss Toots....Sorry to hear about your dad. I've lost both parents so I understand your loss! Time is a great healer. Don't push yourself, just take one day at a time! There will be Joy in the Morning!

I hope you can drop in on DC often...If only to just read! There is some funny stuff that goes on here!!:ermm::LOL:

((((((((Miss Toots)))))))))))))

Take Care!

Aw Toots, I'm so sorry. Losing your Dad is really hard. Been there a few years ago and still have my moments. Come here when you can, there are soft shoulders, warm hearts and lots of good cheer that we share gladly.

Toots, I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your mother are in my prayers. Please know it does get easier to think of Dad without tears flowing so fast that you can't see. My Daddy passed away 12 years ago and certain things can still trigger me. Give your mom and yourself a hug for me. Dawn T

Back
Top Bottom