Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like Bourdain too.....such a bad boy he is. I personally love how he expands the horizons of food around the world, and don't quite understand why one would would be so closed minded to only be interested in only our country's foods.
So true, Kayelle. I know we'll never get to any foreign countries, and that's by our choice. There is so much to see here in the good, ol' U.S.A. we still want to see. Therefore, travel shows featuring foreign food and culture are a big thing in our house. "Rick Steves" and "Globe Trekker" are two of our favorites. And Globe Trekker even visits places on our continent. I must have seen Bobby Chinn's segment on New Orleans at least three times!

Very simple. At my age and with my health problems, I know I am never going to visit those countries. Nor do I wish to eat a lot of the foods he eats. And there are a lot of foods in this country I know nothing about or have tried. I would rather start at home first.

I'm trying to understand what you are saying Addie. I think you are saying your culinary knowledge is complete, and you have no interest in learning anything outside of New England cooking? Am I right?

We watched DVR'd cooking shows Saturday afternoon after we got back from grocery shopping. There was a "The Incredible Dr. Pol" marathon on NatGeo Wild Saturday afternoon/evening so I recorded that and we watched it yesterday afternoon.

"Waiting for God"

Back in the "Petty Vents" thread, Mad Cook had mentioned an old British sitcom called "Waiting for God". When I read the blurb describing it, Himself said he was willing to check it out. We watched the first three episodes of Season One tonight and had to stop. We were laughing so hard we figured our hearts needed to take a break!

Mad Cook, you are right about Diana Trent. She is my hero, too! Thanks for mentioning this show. We are loving it! (And, generally speaking, I do not really enjoy British comedy. This, however, strikes a cord with this 66-year-old. ;) )

Back in the "Petty Vents" thread, Mad Cook had mentioned an old British sitcom called "Waiting for God". When I read the blurb describing it, Himself said he was willing to check it out. We watched the first three episodes of Season One tonight and had to stop. We were laughing so hard we figured our hearts needed to take a break!

Mad Cook, you are right about Diana Trent. She is my hero, too! Thanks for mentioning this show. We are loving it! (And, generally speaking, I do not really enjoy British comedy. This, however, strikes a cord with this 66-year-old. ;) )

I told my son once when Waiting For God was on that if the house caught fire, the firemen would have to just keep the flames away from me and the TV until the end of the show. The Brits hit is big time with this show!

Is anyone going to watch the new show on NBC "Midnight, Texas"? It's written/created by Charlaine Harris - the same lady who wrote the Sookie Sackhouse books, which were then turned into the "True Blood" series on HBO.

Is anyone going to watch the new show on NBC "Midnight, Texas"? It's written/created by Charlaine Harris - the same lady who wrote the Sookie Sackhouse books, which were then turned into the "True Blood" series on HBO.
I loved True Blood, I may have to catch this one!

Did I mention this on another post? If so, pardon my repetitiveness.

I recently watched "Sniffer" a Russian TV series. It was fun, I enjoyed it.

Am now watching "Dicte" a Danish TV series. Didn't realize how many danish and english words were so similar!

Both were in their own languages with English subtitles.

Did anyone else see this heartbreaking audition on America's Got Talent? I can't stop thinking about him and his family. What a tragic loss of a young talented life with so much promise....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAYrh-x7UKo

I saw it, he also made our local news when the accident happened because of him making the cut on AGT. I wonder if GG watched it also.

I started watching The Americans again. I still think they are making those Russian spies more likable than FBI/CIA and even regular Americans.
One thing I like about this show is they hired real Russians to play Russians. So instead of some American actor speaking with Pretend russian accent, they have Russians speaking russian and just have subtitles. That just makes so much more sense. I hate when they have people speaking Bad English, pretending being Russians, Germans or worse yet Chinese.

I started watching The Americans again. I still think they are making those Russian spies more likable than FBI/CIA and even regular Americans.
One thing I like about this show is they hired real Russians to play Russians. So instead of some American actor speaking with Pretend russian accent, they have Russians speaking russian and just have subtitles. That just makes so much more sense. I hate when they have people speaking Bad English, pretending being Russians, Germans or worse yet Chinese.

I love that show. Watched the first four seasons on Amazon Prime. Season five isn't available to stream yet, as far as I know. Looking forward to it. A lot.

I haven't watched that particular show but, I agree 100% about pretend ethnic speakers...

Ross

Back
Top Bottom