Your favorite TV Show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

User0204

Senior Cook
What's favorite or was your favorite TV show/series?

I have a few:

Get Smart
Yes Minister
Yes Prime Minister
Black Adder Series
Monty Python - Movies actually
CSI (Original one)

Don't watch TV and not a fan of series that are made by the major studio's for the most part, forged in fire may be the exception.

Series I enjoyed were Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, The Wire, The Expanse, Game of Thrones, Thunderbirds, The Twilight Zone, original, The Sopranos, Firefly, True Detective, 1883, 1923, Yellowstone, Mad Men, Ozark, The Punisher....I'll stop there, lol. But I have more, much more:brows:

Heck yeah - forgot about NCIS (original only) and the mighty Thunderbirds - talk about a show before it's time!! :)

I have a few:
CSI (original & Miami)
NCIS (original and NoLa)
The Voice
some news shows
and my guilty pleasure - General Hospital

One of my young cousins competed on The Voice. She chose Pharrell for her coach over Blake Shelton. She didn't quite make it to the finals. That's the only season I watched.

Last edited:
#1 -- West Wing
Big Bang Theory
Miami Vice (back in the 80s)
Iron Chef/Iron Chef America. (the only food competition show I ever liked -- it was so over the top)
Poirot (David Suchet version)
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

Last edited:
The American "Soap" 70s tv series is my all-time favourite.
I've been watching it again on YouTube and it still has me in fits of laughter🤣 (I had never seen the first season - I was probably too young).

We haven't had a TV in well over a decade. There have been a lot of shows I enjoyed. Some of the ones that come to mind are:

WKRP in Cincinnati, Firefly, Barney Miller, Babylon 5, Farscape, Red Dwarf, ...

I watch the television shows from my childhood and the ones that were on too late for me during my working years.

Anything by Norman Lear, 70s Britcoms, and old fashioned whodunnits top the list.

We haven't had a TV in well over a decade. There have been a lot of shows I enjoyed. Some of the ones that come to mind are:

WKRP in Cincinnati, Firefly, Barney Miller, Babylon 5, Farscape, Red Dwarf, ...

The Thanksgiving episode of WKRP in Cincinnati (Turkeys Away) is one of the funniest single TV shows I've ever seen. :LOL:

Cheers
Barney Miller
M.A.S.H.
Welcome Back Kotter
WKRP In Cincinnati
Soap
The Big Bang Theory

As for the non-sitcoms, some of the early ones I liked:

Hill Street Blues
NYPD Blues
Homicide, Life On The Streets (the one in Baltimore)
CSI original
CSI New York
CSI Miami

And a few more, but those come to mind first.

I love this thread! It could have been written 20 years ago, instead of jusst yesterday! LOL.

Many of my favorites are listed above. I might add Blue Bloods, or any of Tom Selleck's shows or movies. I Dream of Jeannie, Gilligan's Island, Andy Griffith show or any of Andy's shows or movies. Flintstones & Popeye.

NOTE: I still watch any of the above, when they show up. My favorite channels are the Retro TV channels.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Firefly
Star Trek (The Original Series)
Doctor Who
Jeopardy
Sherlock
Eureka
The Boys
What We Do in the Shadows
Fringe
The Rachel Maddow Show
White Collar
The Muppet Show
The Expanse
The Twilight Zone
Barney Miller
Reacher (so far)

That's a partial list. I watch a lot of TV. The things I liked as a kid I hate now. There are more than a few shows I used to like that I'm sick to death of, like M*A*S*H and NCIS (up until Tony left).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom