Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love that show. Watched the first four seasons on Amazon Prime. Season five isn't available to stream yet, as far as I know. Looking forward to it. A lot.

The next season is supposed to be the last. A lot of us are trying to guess what's going to happen.

Somebody just posted all 15 seasons of CSI on Icefilms, so I'm watching them all over again. Today I'll binge watch the last 5 episodes of Season 2. I just saw a familiar face on S 2 E 17 - Aaron Paul made an appearance on that episode. That was only a couple years before breaking bad, but he seemed so much younger.

The TV was going while I was doing kitchen work or hiding in the basement (it's my "Mom Cave" :LOL: ), so it was a few hours of "I know I've seen this show but I don't remember how it ends".* :LOL:

* AKA old episodes of "Law & Order - Criminal Intenet"

I started watching The Americans again. I still think they are making those Russian spies more likable than FBI/CIA and even regular Americans.
One thing I like about this show is they hired real Russians to play Russians. So instead of some American actor speaking with Pretend russian accent, they have Russians speaking russian and just have subtitles. That just makes so much more sense. I hate when they have people speaking Bad English, pretending being Russians, Germans or worse yet Chinese.
I have about 20 episodes on DVR I have to watch.

Outnumbered

Outnumbered is another BBC comedy that has been around a few years and I'm just now hearing about. I'm 2 episodes into the whole of 34 streaming on Hulu, and despite a risk of losing membership in the Curmudgeon Club, I heartily recommend.

Last edited:
Game of Thrones.
Blacklist.
Outlander (the Scot in me makes this one my favorite)
Sense 8 (I am in mourning at the cancellation of the show)
How to get away with murder.
Stranger things.

I watch these all after the season has completed with a few exceptions. Then I binge watch a bunch of episodes and get through a season in a couple of weeks.

Game of Thrones.
Blacklist.
Outlander (the Scot in me makes this one my favorite)
Sense 8 (I am in mourning at the cancellation of the show)
How to get away with murder.
Stranger things.

I watch these all after the season has completed with a few exceptions. Then I binge watch a bunch of episodes and get through a season in a couple of weeks.

I missed Outlander. Did they ever renewed the show? Sense 8 was just a wee bit too much for me being that I am an old style kind of guy, one man-one woman.

Outlander is a fantastic series. It's coming back in September for another season, Chuck.

I love the fact that it both follows history as well as is powerfully written from a woman's perspective.

I missed Outlander. Did they ever renewed the show? Sense 8 was just a wee bit too much for me being that I am an old style kind of guy, one man-one woman.

They did renew outlander although it was touch and go.

Sense8 was IMHO, the only show that had lesbians and gays in normal relationships with love scenes that were done more tastefully than others I had seen. I got tired of seeing shows where every gay male is portrayed as a (and please excuse the bigoted terms but they are the only ones that seems to fit here) "flamer" and every lesbian a "dyke" and where sex scenes show no emotion other than lust. I find that this just doesn't represent the gay community that I know.
And I just loved the little karate girl....lol.

Pirate and I have been on a binge watching of Law And Order and their offshoots. The only one we won't watch is L&A - SVU.

They did renew outlander although it was touch and go.

Sense8 was IMHO, the only show that had lesbians and gays in normal relationships with love scenes that were done more tastefully than others I had seen. I got tired of seeing shows where every gay male is portrayed as a (and please excuse the bigoted terms but they are the only ones that seems to fit here) "flamer" and every lesbian a "dyke" and where sex scenes show no emotion other than lust. I find that this just doesn't represent the gay community that I know.
And I just loved the little karate girl....lol.

Ah, it went way past "normal relation". Group sex is definitely not normal.

Last edited:
Outlander is a fantastic series. It's coming back in September for another season, Chuck.

I love the fact that it both follows history as well as is powerfully written from a woman's perspective.

It was so long ago, that I am not sure if I finished watching 1-st or 2-nd seasons. How does the 2-nd season ends? Is it when she goes back or attempting to go back and that is where show ends? Help me out here please.

Ah, it went way past "normal relation". Group sex is definitely not normal.

No...I agree but with some of the shows I like, it's part of the package. I could live without it but if it had to be there at least I did not feel embarrassed or offended by it, where I have in many other shows that I now choose not to watch.

It was so long ago, that I am not sure if I finished watching 1-st or 2-nd seasons. How does the 2-nd season ends? Is it when she goes back or attempting to go back and that is where show ends? Help me out here please.

If your last memory of the show is that of Claire leaving Jamie at the rock, my guess is you have only seen season one. I don't want to say anymore than that cause season two is SO good!

I just can't bring myself to watch Claire & Jaime on any sort of video.
I own each one of the Outlander Series books, first additions,
and I have them in my minds-eye.
I do have to admit that I watched about 1/2 hour of the first
episode and turned it off, never to return.

As to TV watching, I saw this on Face Book this morning
and laugh my fool head off!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR-jIhwIfIw

VERY much looking forward to this new series.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom