My veggies are growing ........yippee!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
I went out and weeded my garden yesterday. I'd not done it since I put it in and the weeds really took over. But I spent a good deal of time hoeing and afterwards I laid down some straw to try and tame the savage beasts.

Anyway, I found a wonderful surprise...........I found a cucumber, tucked under its vine, thats about 6 inches long and didn't even know it. I can't tell you how excited I was when I saw that.

My cherry cucumbers look like they should be turning red in another couple weeks. I'm hoping it'll be next week though as I can't wait to sit down with them and a salt shaker. Everything else is doing beautiful also.

I went and bought a sprinkler so that I don't have to stand out there with a hose to water it and my flower gardens. Now all I have to do is plop the thing in the middle and turn the water on and it does all the work. I highly recommend one of these if you don't have one. Especially if your like me and don't really like to stand around watering plants and tend to skip it for the day because you just don't want to stand around holding the hose.

Anyone else have veggies yet???

Congrats on the success of the garden, how exciting!

Having gone through three droughts here in Ohio in the past 20 years, I am particularly sensitive to water conservation. Irrigation devices that spray water up in the air are very wasteful of water, approximately 90% of the water evaporates before it reaches the plant roots. A much more water efficient way to disperse water to plant roots is the kind that lays on the ground and the water seeps out of them. I am very worried about a drought this year. We are having very ominous signs of drought already.

Oh yea, veggies!!

Yesterday I harvested my first broccoli, a bunch of spinach, two onions that were too small but I needed them, 4 stalks of celery and some parsley. My tomato plants are barely setting flowers, they really got damaged from the last frost, looks to be a very late tomato canning season!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom