Please Help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Cuillo

Sous Chef
:eek: ATTENTION ALL CARPET CLEANERS!!!:ohmy:

My DH spilled wax on the carpet!! :bangin:One spot dripped off of the table that the candle was on and the other was a nice trail from the table to the door. PLEASE HELP!!! :cry: Does anybody know a way to get wax out of the carpet? We got most of it while it was still wet/warm but how do I get all of it out?? Any ideas would help!

Last edited:
Try the following: Take pieces of absorbent paper towel, place them over the stain, and run over them with a hot iron (the one you use to iron clothes with). The heat from the iron melts the wax and the paper absorbs it. Discard the used paper towel and repeat with clean one till nothing more comes out. Do NOT use a VERY hot iron. You only need to melt the wax in order to let the paper absorb it.

Good luck!

What is your carpet made of? A lot of carpet is made from recycled plastics (2lt pop bottles). If anything use carpet cleaner like bissell. You might even give them a call; they have a product call number 1-800-237-7691.

there's 3 ways to remove wax from carpets.

melting and blotting like boufa said, freezing and chipping (using cans of freeze mist), and chemical stain removers.

use the freezing first, to remove larger chunks. then try melting/blotting to get up as much as possible. finally, get a petrochemical based aerosol mist stain remover. they usually spray on wet and dry into a powder. it hopefully will pull out any remaining color, if not dissolve the remaining wax.

Ditto what Bucky said - freeze it first to get the big chunks. The ironing with a couple layers of paper towel REALLY work!!!! That should do the trick. I kept ironing until all the wax was removed.

You guys are the best...thank you so much. I rent an apartment so I need to get this out so I can get my security deposit back. :blink: You all are awesome and thank you for tricks.

BTW, I am not sure what the carpet is made of. They did just replace it though before we moved in so off to clean it I go!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom