The 10 Buck Latte....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
Why does this coffee cost $10? | New York Post

On a recent afternoon at Budin, a new Scandinavian coffee shop in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, a barista spends 15 minutes steaming, stirring and fussing over a single latte before placing it on a silver platter with church-like reverence. The drink’s foam is artfully swirled into a tree-like design and sprinkled with raw licorice powder imported from Denmark. Beside it sits a “complimentary” marble-sized ball of chocolate-covered Danish licorice.

All this for just $10 — tip not included.

and...

The lavish latte is made with imported beans ($24 per 12-ounce bag) roasted by Norwegian coffee master Tim Wendelboe, a 2004 World Barista Champion and 2005 World Tasting Champion. The licorice powder is “high class,” according to Hermannsdóttir, and the brew is also mixed with steamed local organic milk and a special anise syrup imported from Denmark.

:chef::pig::chef:

For me, its turn on pot, wait for pot to fill with coffee. (my wife prepares it the night before) Fills it with water and adds the coffee.

To be brutally honest. I have never stepped foot into a Starbucks or any coffee house.
I drink two cups of Kirkland 100% Colombian every morning and never touch another cup until the following morning.
But I must have that coffee every am. I must......lol

I don't like most licorice. I like the weird, Danish licorice. But, I don't want it in my coffee or covered in chocolate. Yuck.

Back
Top Bottom