DID YOU KNOW...
Mildred Wirt Benson was paid a flat fee of $125 for each of the Nancy Drew mysteries she ghostwrote as Carolyn Keene.
1. What was the name of the genius dog on TV's animated series The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show ?
(Bonus; what was the name of the dog's pet boy ?)
2. Who was the first Boy Scout to become president of the United States ?
3. What famous New York City skyscraper is decorated with gargoyles inspired by an automobile radiator cap ?
4. In the 60's what product was hyped with the suggestive line, "Take it off, take it ALL off " ?
5. In 2001, Monarchos became only the second horse to run the Kentucky Derby in under two minutes; what 1970's winner was the first ?
6. Who was the first woman inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ?
7. What cover of a Kenny Rogers song made The Oak Ridge Boys a household name ?
8. What's the name of the scale used to measure the strength of tornadoes ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The shipwrecked folks on TV's Gilligan's Island ended up back on the island as staffers at a tropical resort.
1. MR. PEABODY (SHERMAN)
2. john f. kennedy
3. THE CHRYSLER BUILDING
4. noxema shaving cream
6. ARETHA FRANKLIN
8. the fujita scale
After the series went into syndication, there were three made-for-TV movies about them. The 1979 offering, The Castaways on Gilligan's Island, put them (minus Tina Louise) back on the island working at a resort there.
The last of the films was filmed in 1981 and was titled The Harlem Globetrotters on Gilligan's Island.
Bad men need nothing more to accomplish their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.
― John Stuart Mill