What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moving slowly this morning. Done some time on the elliptical (I am DETERMINED to make that part of my routine), had a cup of coffee and a shower. Now I'm fiddling on here before I make my grocery run. I am going to make granola and soup today. If I get my crap together I might bake too. I'm in the mood to really kick it in the kitchen today.

I had shoulder surgery 10 months ago for an impingement issue and a few other issues and it is still in pain all these months later.

I went back to my surgeon today and he is getting me to have some new scans, an ultrasound and an x-ray to see what is going on inside.

He said that the bursa may have thickened which means there may be impingement again, which sadly may mean another surgery :(

I so hope not, but we won't know until the surgeon sees the scans, I won't know till 2 months either as my surgeon is going overseas to do surgeries and won't be back for 7 weeks :ermm:

I guess it's time to get to bed. Just found out the daughter has to be at school by 7 am tomorrow, makes me more tired just thinking about it! G'nite.

I had shoulder surgery 10 months ago for an impingement issue and a few other issues and it is still in pain all these months later.

I went back to my surgeon today and he is getting me to have some new scans, an ultrasound and an x-ray to see what is going on inside.

He said that the bursa may have thickened which means there may be impingement again, which sadly may mean another surgery :(

I so hope not, but we won't know until the surgeon sees the scans, I won't know till 2 months either as my surgeon is going overseas to do surgeries and won't be back for 7 weeks :ermm:

Oh Kylie, hope it works out! {{{{{{{Kylie}}}}}}}}

Can you get a second opinion?

Thank you DL :)

I will see what the surgeon says first and then take it from there, as I would prefer not to have another surgery as I have heard it is not good to have multiple surgeries on the shoulder :ermm:

Also having to go through it all again, the surgery, the physio, starting it all over again...and then the long months of healing again grrrrr

Sorry to go on, it is just that I thought it would heal the first time :rolleyes:

Prepared breakfast, prepared daughter for school, DH drop her to school, now after taking shower I am having my breakfast and posting in DC

Thank you DL :)

I will see what the surgeon says first and then take it from there, as I would prefer not to have another surgery as I have heard it is not good to have multiple surgeries on the shoulder :ermm:

Also having to go through it all again, the surgery, the physio, starting it all over again...and then the long months of healing again grrrrr

Sorry to go on, it is just that I thought it would heal the first time :rolleyes:
Oh no! (((Hugs))).

Picking A Staple Gun?

I've been busy sewing up new cushions for my dining room chairs.
This has been a challenge. Note to self* Do NOT take them apart at the same time.. S/B we had no chairs to sit on....LOL!!!! :LOL:

Anyone here know what kind of middle of the road staple gun, not a cheapy, would suit my purposes best? Amazon is mind boggling. Then I have to think about what type of staples to buy for reupholstering furniture.

Sure I could go to the local hardware store and get whatever.. Every time I do, get it home and realize that the package has been opened parts are missing.

Thank you

Munky.

Yesterday was my "catch up on all lost sleep" day. For the life of me I could not stay awake. So I just went with it. As a result, I still have a sinkful of work to clean up from preparing the meats for the freezer. My kitchen is a disaster area. Approach with caution. I should have some yellow tape to put up.

Spike showed up as usual last night, I whupped him in Final Jeopardy. Had the answer after reading just a couple of words. After that I don't know when he left. I fell back to sleep again. I think it was all that gloating that made me tired again. Finally woke up for good at five a.m.

I went down to check my mailbox. Thought it would be stuffed. Only two pieces of junk mail. It will be going back to sender. I black out the bar code and any other pertinent info, mark it "Return to sender" and place in the outgoing mailbox. Sooner or later they will take me off their mailing list. A stupid little game that amuses me. :angel:

Yesterday was my "catch up on all lost sleep" day. For the life of me I could not stay awake. So I just went with it. As a result, I still have a sinkful of work to clean up from preparing the meats for the freezer. My kitchen is a disaster area. Approach with caution. I should have some yellow tape to put up.

Spike showed up as usual last night, I whupped him in Final Jeopardy. Had the answer after reading just a couple of words. After that I don't know when he left. I fell back to sleep again. I think it was all that gloating that made me tired again. Finally woke up for good at five a.m.

I went down to check my mailbox. Thought it would be stuffed. Only two pieces of junk mail. It will be going back to sender. I black out the bar code and any other pertinent info, mark it "Return to sender" and place in the outgoing mailbox. Sooner or later they will take me off their mailing list. A stupid little game that amuses me. :angel:
If you black out the bar code and all other pertinent info, how will they know who to take off their list?

Just got off of Penzey's web site. I got a gift cert. from there for Christmas. I called the business and they said they are having free shipping on orders over $30 right now and you also get a free jar of Cumin. The items that I want come to $30.16, boy how close can you get. I really like their spices.

A Progress Report

I just talked to my daughter. Last week was her chemo week. When she first started, by day six, she would still be feeling lousy, but not sick. Now she doesn't start to feel better until after four or five days since her last chemo day. So we know the chemo is getting into her system and doing its job.

One of the side effects of the chemo that she didn't expect is that she becomes very constipated. So they have her taking stool softeners three times a day, for each day she is on the chemo. The problem that arose was that she keeps her chemo beside her bed, but the stool softeners are out in the kitchen on the counter. When she is on the chemo, she doesn't get out of bed, only to go to the bathroom. So I told her to keep it at her bedside so she would remember to take it. (She still needs her Mommy.)

After a long discussion we decided against going to the skating competition. It is $500 for the package per person. And it entitles you to attend all parties, events, shows, etc. for five days. There is no way either one of us would be willing to take advantage of the package. The individual tickets don't go on sale until next year. So we decided that we will go to see a show at the theater instead. I will be in my wheelchair and we get the best seats. Even if we buy balcony seats. There is a good side to being handicapped sometimes. She is also planning to have a Sunday party with all my kids and all the grand and great grandchildren present for a family portrait. There are 17 of them, (I think) four of my kids and all of their spouses. I really think she will need to rent a small hall. And have it catered. She asked me what my favorite meal was. I told her meat loaf. She started laughing so hard. "Ma, I can't be serving meat loaf at a party." I have to agree with her.

Her spirits are still high and when she is not on the chemo, she is antsy to get back to work. But she will wait until April when the weather is warmer. :angel:

Thank you all for the angels. They are definitely watching over her and I am beginning to have hope for her prognosis. Hopefully, she will be in that 5%. :angel:

I have done a lot of what looks like nothing today. Don't you hate that? You do all kinds of piddly chores and there really is no noticeable difference. Bah. I'm going to sit and mess about for a bit, then go let the neighbor's dog out and figure out what's for dinner.

I just finished watching What Ever Happened to Baby Jane. First time I saw it all the way through. I was not impressed.

Back
Top Bottom