What not to take to a cook out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimbaby

Executive Chef
Ok I am bored Today, so I just thought I would turn my orginal question around? what is not good to take to a cook? :wacko:

A desert made from layers of delicate marangue and freshly sliced fruit, especially on a hot-moist summer day. I did that once, not having much experience with marangues. It turned into a very tasty, but very goopy mess.:ROFLMAO:

And, I'd think a super-soaker filled with vinegar wouldn't be appreciated either. And that chicken that sat in the trunk too long...:LOL:

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

GW, I love feeding teenage boys. Just give them plenty of bulk...it doesn't have to be expensive food. They're happy with hot dogs, burgers, baked beans, macaroni, etc.

img_216711_0_d4b8767941283cf27cd243ef5a53c328.gif
Auntie Vera! :LOL:

Constance said:
GW, I love feeding teenage boys. Just give them plenty of bulk...it doesn't have to be expensive food. They're happy with hot dogs, burgers, baked beans, macaroni, etc.

My teens loved the good stuff. And they knew how to talk me into making it (yeah, I'm a softie. Would do anything for my kids:rolleyes:."

And now matter what it was, they could eat enough of it to make it expensive. I had athletic teens that competed in things like cross-country, marshal arts, and dirt biking. They used up a lot of energy and spent a considerable amount of cash on their own food, as well as mine. (for genetic dispositions, see my post titled "Who's the biggest gluton?" under "Off Topic Chats".

And their Grandpa on Mom's side once ate two 72 oz. "steaks" at one sitting. It was one of those "eat one, get one free deals at a restaurant in Texas. His appetite was legendary.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited by a moderator:
(what NOT to take to a cookout)

--anything that's mostly yellow (it'll be mostly brown before long)
--any recipe with the word "Surprise" in the title
--any pet weighing more than 50 pounds
--any pet weighing less than one pound
--two words: breast pump
--any relative/friend who has had ANY sort of surgery in the past ninety days
--your Hairball Collection
--live bait
--the phone number for Domino's Pizza

:mrgreen:

--J

Back
Top Bottom