You're the one that I want

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marla8271

Assistant Cook
is anyone going to watch the "you're the one that i want" reality show on NBC this sunday? the show is based around finding the next grease cast...this is one of my all time fave movies/plays and the previews looks hysterical. anyone else?

I'll probably check out the first show and see if it grabs my interest. I do like Grease, at least the film version with John Travolta and Olivia Newton John.

So called "reality" shows are a joke to me. Many are scripted and the results are fixed. I would think some of the contestants are paid to be part of the "entertainment". Grease is one of my fav. movies and I don't want it ruined by seeing bad acting and singing. JMO

Last edited:
I never even heard about it until just now.
Not sure I'd watch it though. I'm not big on the reality shows.

Love the movie and the play was even better... not sure if I'll watch or not.

Maybe I'll try to catch the first one to see how they work it all out.

Last edited:
agreed

i also get nervous about reality shows not being good but im such a fan of the original that i think it will be a totally good time-whether or not the people trying out are actually talented. haha.

wasabi said:
So called "reality" shows are a joke to me. Many are scripted and the results are fixed. I would think some of the contestants are paid to be part of the "entertainment". Grease is one of my fav. movies and I don't want it ruined by seeing bad acting and singing. JMO

Wasabi, since the day I had my misfortune of having to watch the original "Big Brother" (my ex was a huge fan... yikes:wacko: ), I didn't have a slightest doubt that the whole thing was "fixed". I just can't get into this sort of shows, I guess I am too cynical for them... As for the film Grease, seeing so many people loved it I will keep my mouth shut and keep my personal opinion silent...:angel:

Along the lines of wasabi, I agree to a certain extent about reality shows. My first experience with "reality" shows was Fear Factor, which I loved, but then the market became saturated with reality shows. I like to give them a chance to see if they are any good, but only if it is an interest of mine, which dancing is, so I would probably watch this show at least once, but I too doubt it would be anything that would hold my attention. I would prefer dancing with the stars.

Depending on what's on against it, while Sushi and GB are gargling with Drain-O and being set on fire, I might watch the first one to check it out. But I might watch Sushi and GB instead. :LOL:

:) Barbara

GB said:
Save me a shot and a match sushi. I will be sitting right next to you.

Make room fellas. I'd also rather eat bark while flaming and gargling the drain-o. Please....no one tell Alix about this show. :sick:

Back
Top Bottom