Grilled Sea Scallops, Shrimp and Ratatouille

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeekinz

Washing Up
Watching one of Flay's more recent shows "Provencal Grilling", my mouth was watering.

Grilled Scallops - Recipes : Skewered Sea Scallops with Lemon-Fennel Dressing : Food Network

Ratatouille, for 2- (Basically the same recipie as in the episode) 1/2 - green pepper, red pepper, red onion, zuchinni, sliced fennel and 2 handfulls grape tomatoes. Toss with veggie oil S & P, and grill the bejesus out of them.

Grilled Shrimp - In a small bowl, whisk 1/2 c. evoo, 3 cloves minced garlic, 2 T. lemon juice salt & pepper. Toss in 1/2 to 3/4 lb. large or prefferably jumbo shrimp with shells. Let the shrimp marinade while you prepare the scallops & veggies.

I served it Family Style on a large platter. Yummo!

Last edited:
You need some eggplant for it to be "real" Ratatouille. The traditional combination is eggplant, peppers, zucchini and onions. The fennel is extra, tho it is a Provencal vegetable, I've never seen it in Ratatouille there.

One of my favorite recipes is from Master Chef Roger Verge of Mougins, France who grills each component and puts the hot, grilled veggies together in a bowl with garlic and other condiments for the juices and flavors to meld.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom