What is your favorite PIE of all time??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pies all around

How do I love thee, let me count the pies. Oh wait, that's not how it goes.:LOL: Apple was my first favorite pie. Then Cherry. But you know, a lot changes as your try new things. I learned how to make key lime and it's amazing. But then I learned how to make pecan pie, and you know what, suddenly the term "favorite" is getting blurry. Give me a piece of great, wild blueberry pie and I swoon. And just try to keep me away from home made strawberry-rhubarb pie. And then there are the other fruit pies that know one ever eats, but really should, like pear pie, can you say yum? And cream pies, everything from banana to Bavarian. And what about ice cream pies, or lemon meringue.

Ok, if you're going to back me into a corner, I'm going with apple, with a lattice-top crust, dotted with soft caramel drops between the lattice-strips, with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. Oh, and I'll need another one of those 22 year old bodies so that I can eat it.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Makes my mouth water while reading your post,..bavarian pie just sound so heavenly..i agree apple pie is great especially with a good ol' vanilla ice cream on top:):chef:

yum

My favorit pie of all time is pumpkin! But I realllly go love sweetpotatoe with pecans! Orrr...a good slice of apple with melted ice cream ontop :)

There is a yummy pan fried apple pie i like alot too... :) Love the flakey crust!
VANILLA ICE CREAM!!love it

Pies, I love pies. Pies are my favorite dessert. There isn't one pie. There is all pies.

I love fruit pies. Blueberry is tops with apple and cherry close behind. All with two full, shiny, golden, brown crusts. No crumbles, lattices, please.

I love pecan pie. The sticky, gooey sweetness contrasted by the soft crunch and flavor of the nuts. Mmm!

Key lime pie, tart and in a real crust, not graham cracker.

Lemon meringue, wow. A puckeringly tart filling and a golden mountain of meringue on top.

The orange-colored trio of pies - pumpkin, squash and sweet potato. Creamy, custardy, melt-in-your-mouth goodness flavored with spices from far-away lands.

Cream pies! Pudding in a crust with whipped cream! Chocolate, banana, strawberry... can you think of a bad one?

Chiffon pies! Light airy goodness with fruit flavors.

A thick New York style cheesecake topped with a thick, chunky fruit topping. (yes, it's a pie by definition).

Shepherd's pie, chicken pie. Not dessert but PIES!

Ok, Ok, twist my arm and I'll admit I don't really care for rhubarb...

...but strawberry is great.

Drooling on the keyboard, gotta go get me some PIE!

Nice list you got there..:i too love shepherds pie:chef:I am drooling :LOL:

meringue

When my mom was alive every birthday I got lemon meringue pie, I loved it now I have another fav, coconut cream one or the other love them both.
kadesma
Meringue really goes well with lemony pies like key lime and such///i baked my mom a key lime pie once..it was my first time...it was ok but i think i need to improve my pie making skill more:chef:

Pumpkin and pecan are my absolute favorites, but I love cherry, rhubarb, coconut custard, lemon meringue, mincemeat (the way my mom made it, with apples diced into it to lessen the intensity a bit), chocolate meringue, and many other kinds!

:)Barbara

While I've seen many good choices here, my favorite is Black Raspberry made with fresh picked berries and a very SHORT crust. When I had my own bakery this was the fastest selling pie (when avaiable) I had.

I don't bake, but when I buy or order pie in a restaurant, it's going to be key lime. Always.

I would never turn down peach pie or rhubarb pie, though.

That is a hard question....

I would have to say for fruit pies... appie, cherry, blueberry or peach

cream pies... peanut butter, chocolate and coconut cream

For me although I have never really had a bad pie I would have to say:

#1 Chocolate Bourbon Pecan pie
#2 Chocolate Cream Pie with a ton of whipped cream and chocolate shavings
#3 Warmed French Apple pie served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream

All pies can be shipped to the following address.... ~¿ô

No question - Cherry pie. But... not that goopy, corn starch laden, artificially colored, sticky mess that chain restaurants hawk as cherry, but the real deal.... Tart, flavorful, aromatic, buttery, berry filled pies that make you crave cold milk and a second slice.

mmm... cherry pie.

Blueberry Pie!

My favorite pie is blueberry pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. :chef:

3.14159265...there is only one! ;)

Very funny Alix! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have a funny "favourite pie" story. For some reason ;) I seem to be the one who makes all or most of the celebratory desserts for both my and DH's families.

Many years ago my sister mentioned she liked key lime pie. So, each year for about 10 I made her one on her birthday. I did different recipes but always key lime pie as her "birthday cake". Finally she got the courage to ask me not to make her another one even though they were really good......you see she "liked" the first one she tried, but realized by the fifth birthday pie that she didn't "love" it and didn't have the heart to tell me! So now I make sure that each year it is a different cake or dessert so she doesn't get tired of it! :LOL:

#1 would have to be coconut cream, although I did have an excellent crust-less blueberry on Thanksgiving.

Wouldn't that be just a bowl of pie filing? :ermm:

We discussed it on Thanksgiving and concluded that it was actually a pudding.

We have a number of diabetics in the family, so the crust-less pies are a less-carb option for them. It's the same homemade pie filling, just baked in a pie plate without a crust.

We discussed it on Thanksgiving and concluded that it was actually a pudding.

We have a number of diabetics in the family, so the crust-less pies are a less-carb option for them. It's the same homemade pie filling, just baked in a pie plate without a crust.

Good idea!

Back
Top Bottom