Pork Chops in Milk Gravy-TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
4 pork chops, 1/4 inch thick
flour
salt & pepper to taste
oil
2 1/4 whole milk

Combine enough flour to dredge chops, salt & pepper. Trim all fat off pork chops, dredge lightly in flour. Brown chops in a little oil on both sides. Remove from skillet.

Add about 2Tbsp. flour mixture (from dredging) to skillet & brown lightly. Slowly stir in milk.

Return chops to skillet with gravy. Cover & simmer over low heat for 40 minutes. Serve over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes.

So wonderfully simple - down-home sort of cooking! Thanks for posting this Crews! I think I'd have to tamper with it though and add herbs or cheese :mrgreen:

(When I read the title of your post I thought it might be about how some recipes call for soaking the pork/veal/fish/etc in milk first)

I tamper with it sometimes too IC. It's good with parsley & garlic. I just did it plain tonight for super though. Didn't feel like playing with things too much.

I just did it plain tonight for super though. Didn't feel like playing with things too much.
I hear you - sometimes you just need those "bread and butter" kind of simple, wonderful meals :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom