Apple glazed rabbit. Taste = Delicious!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChefDB

Cook
The taste of rabbit is very good. I added some of my special seasonings and then some tarragon and covered it in slices of apple so the juices from the baking apples would form a nice glaze.

I had someone who refused to eat when they saw it raw it, test a tiny sample and after that, I was asked to plate the rabbit and sides for them. :yum:.

Attachments

• SAM_0961.jpg
    SAM_0961.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 508
  • SAM_0975.jpg
    SAM_0975.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 477
  • SAM_0989.jpg
    SAM_0989.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 495
The end result looks delicious. I might have a bite or two as well! The first two pictures kinda scare me.

The end result looks delicious. I might have a bite or two as well! The first two pictures kinda scare me.

haha, Yes. I do agree that seeing it in the pre-cooked stage is a little disheartening.

Yeah, the one doing push ups is kinda creepy. :LOL:

My first thought was that that bunny was awfully pale. But, I have never cooked rabbit, only snowshoe hare (and we left the leg below the knee on).

Thoroughly rinse the whole rabbit

I put olive oil in the bottom of the glass dish and sprinkled sea salt, thyme and tarragon on top of that (to season the bottom of the rabbit)

Season to taste...
I used sea salt, a tsp of curry powder sprinkled on top of the rabbit, thyme, tarragon and the apple slices did the rest of the seasoning.

Bake @ 375 for 1.5 hours covered with foil.

Uncover after 1.5 hours and turn oven down to 350.00 for 20 minutes.

The taste of the apples was amazing. I was not going to serve them with the rabbit until I tasted them and the combo was a hit.

Thoroughly rinse the whole rabbit

I put olive oil in the bottom of the glass dish and sprinkled sea salt, thyme and tarragon on top of that (to season the bottom of the rabbit)

Season to taste...
I used sea salt, a tsp of curry powder sprinkled on top of the rabbit, thyme, tarragon and the apple slices did the rest of the seasoning.

Bake @ 375 for 1.5 hours covered with foil.

Uncover after 1.5 hours and turn oven down to 350.00 for 20 minutes.

The taste of the apples was amazing. I was not going to serve them with the rabbit until I tasted them and the combo was a hit.

Thank You!

Talk about serendipity :ohmy: I received two rabbits this morning in my organic farms veg and meat box. I was going to joint them both, but that recipe of yours looks so good I am going to keep it whole. Apples are definitely on my shopping list. Thank you for posting your recipe.

Great! I can't wait to see how it turns out. Take pictures if you can!

I was just re-reading my posts. Sorry for the spelling mistakes/double words. I was posting from my blackberry, so you know how those little keyboards cause errors!

The taste of rabbit is very good. I added some of my special seasonings and then some tarragon and covered it in slices of apple so the juices from the baking apples would form a nice glaze.

I had someone who refused to eat when they saw it raw it, test a tiny sample and after that, I was asked to plate the rabbit and sides for them. :yum:.

That looks really nice Chef :chef:

Back
Top Bottom