My ISP--I just need to vent!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
As many of you know, my DH (who's not very dear in my book right now!) got fed up with our ISP and decided he'd switch. He canceled the one effective immediately and then place the order with Verizon for their DSL, since that's who we have our phone service through.

We were supposed to have the DSL modem (or whatever thingy it is) shipped to us the first week in February. DH and I have called several times asking the status of our order and we've been given all sorts of innocuous explanations as to why our order was on hold. I called again just now and was told that since our install date was expired (Feb. 10 or something) in order to get service I had to cancel my order (and return my DSL equipment! :shock: ) and reorder my service. It makes absolutely no sense to me at all!

So, after 45 minutes on the phone (and working very hard to keep my patience and be a lady!) I'm pretty much back to where we started. Waiting for them to call me to tell me my service is activated and that they're sending me my DSL modem. Ugh. Looks like I'm stuck only being able to get online at work for awhile longer!

Thanks for listening! :oops:

Testing patience - it's hard work!!!!! You are so right - makes no sense at all.

I paid a computer guy to come look at my computer - I was lucky as he only charged me for one hour instead of the 2 he was here - that was 2 days ago. Was either on a live chat with a technician from McAfee or on the phone with a local friend for 7 1/2 hours yesterday. And guess what? Nothing is fixed. So I have told my computer guru friend my checkbook is open, dinner will be ready, and the wine is but a cork opener away!!!!!

That's very frustrating PA - sometimes common sense just isn't part of equations anymore.

I feel your pain PAB!!! I have had the same sort of problems with my ISP. I had them on speed dial for a while because I was calling them weekly. I hope they get it all straightened out for you and soon. Make sure to take down the names of every person you talk to (first and last) and times and dates. Hold them to whatever they say they will do for you. Good Luck and let me know if you want me to send out the leg breakers ;)

kitchenelf said:
Was either on a live chat with a technician from McAfee or on the phone with a local friend for 7 1/2 hours yesterday.

Seven and a half hours?!?!? You poor thing! I hope you uncorked that wine for yourself last night!

Had the same problem with verizon PA, took a month or more to get it straightened out. We switched to a local isp for dsl. Verizon dsl was ok, but their support was awful if you ever have a problem. It's important to have good customer support so your problems get fixed fast! Consider a local isp for dsl if you have one. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom