What are some of your favorite Websites?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
What are some of your favorite websites when you need to waste some time (other than discuss cooking of course).

One of my favorites is http://www.fark.com/. It is a great site that has links to tons of interesting stories.

You mean other than the ones relating to beer and winemaking?? :shock:

Ummmm.......

John

ronjohn, have you ever made mead? it's made from honey, right? i've had it in a few pubs, not bad, but i'll stick to guinness and bass...

ever have an irish car bomb? it's a boilermaker, made by putting a shot of bushmill's or jameson's into a pint o' guiness. that'll get the blarney started....

buckytom said:
ronjohn, have you ever made mead? it's made from honey, right? i've had it in a few pubs, not bad, but i'll stick to guinness and bass...

ever have an irish car bomb? it's a boilermaker, made by putting a shot of bushmill's or jameson's into a pint o' guiness. that'll get the blarney started....

Yep, made plenty of mead. Even have a bronze medal from a national competition to show for one of them. That particular one was of the margarita persuasion. Honey, limes, oranges, and agave nectar. All fermented out to taste like a sweet margarita. Never had it in pubs, but did bring back a macadamia blossom mead from Maui that was very nice.

Never had the car bomb that I can remember. I've done boilermakers before, but never recall one with guiness.

John

got the google tool bar, don't ever go to the site directly. others are:
www.epicurious.com
kingarthurflour.com
liveireland.com
solofoods.com
williams-sonoma.com
beryls.com (thank you to whomever on this site or the other shared this one!)
surlatable.com
theflatpossumgazette.com
copycatrecipes.com
theessentialoilcompany.com
cooks.com
appetizersrecipes.com
alibris.com (for books)
unless you're into art, those are the one's I use the most
be aware that almost every brand name has a site, and all of those have recipes posted to utilize their products... and a lot of them are very good, as one of or sponsors on this site make my marzipan....odense.com

Back
Top Bottom