What are some of your favourite discontinued products that you would like to see brought back?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A local supermarket chain, Steinberg, that went out of business in the late 1980s, used to carry frozen, skinless, beef, breakfast sausages that were really tasty. The were called Swift Premium Brown & Serve. I haven't seen those sausages here in Quebec since Steinberg went out of business. According to Wikipedia, they are now sold by a different company under the name, Banquet Brown & Serve. I don't think they sell them in Canada anymore.

I'm sorry about that. We do have them here in the US and I especially love the maple flavored ones.

As for all the stuff I want back (some of it may still be being made, but none of the stores here are selling it):

Golden Grain Macaroni and cheese in the box. Just add water. It was delicious.

Pagoda Shrimp and Pork Eggrolls

Delimex Soft Chicken Tortillas (NOT taquitos) I think it was Delimex.

Jose Ole Chicken and Cheese Tacos I hate their beef ones.

Nestea Iced Tea with Lemon and Sugar - DECAF! I sure miss that one because I can't drink a lot of caffeine anymore

Speaking of which - Pepsi Decaf where did that go?

Rice-a-Roni beef flavor without the blankedy blank carrots in it!

The boxes that came with 12 or 13 mini eggrolls.

I'm sure there's much more I've forgotten.

I'm sorry about that. We do have them here in the US and I especially love the maple flavored ones.

As for all the stuff I want back (some of it may still be being made, but none of the stores here are selling it):

Nestea Iced Tea with Lemon and Sugar - DECAF! I sure miss that one because I can't drink a lot of caffeine anymore

Do you mean these? The La Choy mini egg rolls? I miss them so much! I would fix and eat 2 boxes at a time. That's all I would have, just a bunch of them on a plate.

Attachments

• hsotdlachoyminieggrolls-500x449.jpg
    hsotdlachoyminieggrolls-500x449.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 6
I loved the La Choy mini eggrolls. Also, I loved the chicken noodles Linda posted above.
I really miss that noodle meal. Apparently we're not the only ones missing it because I've discovered copycat recipes of it that I may just try, provided I can find the little square pasta.

Do you mean these? The La Choy mini egg rolls? I miss them so much! I would fix and eat 2 boxes at a time. That's all I would have, just a bunch of them on a plate.
I'm not sure if that's the brand. This was from the 70s and 80s. I seem to remember the box as being white, but hey, let's not put a whole lot of reliance on my memories these days.

I'm not sure if that's the brand. This was from the 70s and 80s. I seem to remember the box as being white, but hey, let's not put a whole lot of reliance on my memories these days.
I recall the La Choy egg rolls from the 80's. Maybe the 90's before they disappeared.

Amish markets may have that little square noodle. Please share the recipe.
One of the recipes I found was praised by reviewers of people who dearly missed it, saying it tasted just like the Kraft boxed dinner. But who the hell has dehydrated carrots and celery??? One of the reviewers said they bought dehydrated carrots and celery from Amazon.

Ingredients For just like Kraft classic chicken noodle dinner​

• 1 Tbsp chicken bouillon
  • 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
  • 1 tsp dehydrated carrots
  • 1 1/2 tsp dehydrated celery
  • 2 Tbsp corn starch
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp butter
    1 cup small noodles or shells

Mix chicken bouillon, water, carrots, celery, corn starch, and butter in medium saucepan. Simmer until thick.

Cook noodles in saucepan until done.

Drain noodles and mix with sauce. Salt to taste if desired. Enjoy.

One of the recipes I found was praised by reviewers of people who dearly missed it, saying it tasted just like the Kraft boxed dinner. But who the hell has dehydrated carrots and celery??? One of the reviewers said they bought dehydrated carrots and celery from Amazon.

Ingredients For just like Kraft classic chicken noodle dinner​

• 1 Tbsp chicken bouillon
  • 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
  • 1 tsp dehydrated carrots
  • 1 1/2 tsp dehydrated celery
  • 2 Tbsp corn starch
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp butter
    1 cup small noodles or shells

Mix chicken bouillon, water, carrots, celery, corn starch, and butter in medium saucepan. Simmer until thick.

Cook noodles in saucepan until done.

Drain noodles and mix with sauce. Salt to taste if desired. Enjoy.

What about the chicken?

Pssst: If you ever mention either of those lawsuits during voir dire of a jury for a PI (Personal Injury) case, you are pretty much guaranteed to be "thanked and excused" from the case. :whistling
I assume the other lawsuit to which you are referring is the one about the old lady who got scalded by McD's excessively hot coffee. I would like to counter the PR that went with that case by sharing this video:

WOW and a big LOL - always figured there had to be a reason that I never cared for McD.

On the other hand, TruTV is and has been owned by so many networks it sort of boggles the mind. Anything, anyone, anywhere to make a buck, eh?
Just to name a few Warner, Turner, Cablevision, NBC, Sirius, CNN. In Canada, CHUM, CTV, Bell, Rogers.
All that bouncing around can give you a headache.

I have caffeine free Pepsi in my fridge at home. They sell it at Woodman's, a grocery warehouse based in Wisconsin; they have a store about 10 minutes from my house. A 12-pack (look for the gold box) runs about $7.00.

I don't know what grocery stores are in your area, but caffeine free Pepsi and caffeine free Coke are still out there and can be found if you look for them. I also must avoid caffeine; it plays nasty games with my stomach.

And speaking of Woodman's, they have an off-brand soda called Faygo with a sister brand of non-carbonated beverages called Ohana. Ohana has a caffeine free iced tea which tastes a LOT like Brisk. I don't know if you can find Ohana brand beverages, but I love that lemon iced tea!

The only stores in this area are QVC (I should check there) and Safeway, plus a number of smaller independent stores. They're all to far to go to on a regular basis.
I have caffeine free Pepsi in my fridge at home. They sell it at Woodman's, a grocery warehouse based in Wisconsin; they have a store about 10 minutes from my house. A 12-pack (look for the gold box) runs about $7.00.

I don't know what grocery stores are in your area, but caffeine free Pepsi and caffeine free Coke are still out there and can be found if you look for them. I also must avoid caffeine; it plays nasty games with my stomach.

And speaking of Woodman's, they have an off-brand soda called Faygo with a sister brand of non-carbonated beverages called Ohana. Ohana has a caffeine free iced tea which tastes a LOT like Brisk. I don't know if you can find Ohana brand beverages, but I love that lemon iced tea!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom