This or That

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did the same thing, up until most recently. I had been buying small 8-inchers for our morning eggs and I found that I was replacing it maybe every 6 months or so. Even from Walmart at less than $4USD per, that adds up, not to mention that the bottoms were not flat enough for my Electric Glass-top cooktop. So most recently, I purchased a T-Fal brand 8-incher for about eight bucks... that was about 6 months ago and it's still holding up.

But I digress from the topic...

I've only owned three Cast Iron Pans in my entire life.
The first one I had was handed down to me by my Great Grandmother and like a very foolish young women, I had put it away in storage for single years. When I got married and was putting together our first home, I pulled it out and it was so badly rusted by the Hawaiian Salt Air, that I gave it to GoodWill and bought a new non-seasoned pan and kept that one until we moved to the 'mainland' and gave it to a friend, `cuz I had a fully equipped kitchen waiting for me. WELL! To make a long story longer :)
I didn't have one and went out and bought one of those new-fangled pre-seasoned Lodge Cast Iron Skillets, I don't care for it at all! But I'm too "tight" to buy a new one :LOL:

SO... Non-seasoned Cast Iron Pan please :stuart:

Talkin' about breakfast...

This or That?
Sunday Brunch : Cook at home or Go out and let someone else cook for you

Last edited:
I have 5 or 6 regular Sunday brunch menus that I love to serve with mimosas, bellinis, or Jennifer's Kisses and I don't drive if I have had any alcohol, so lets go with COOK AT HOME!

Regular eat-out breakfast; Bacon and eggs, or pancakes and sausages?

Kim chee (I don't care for Sauerkraut), cucumber if you please? I LOVE Korean food, we just found a place next to DH new Doctor's office, next time he has to go, we're having lunch there... it's WAY far away from our place ....

Holidays we celebrate : Christmas Day or New Year's Eve (and why)

(Mine is actually a little one - a Ford Escape Hybrid.)

Convertible! (My mom had a Fiat Spyder when I was in high school.)

Christmas cookies - chocolate or gingerbread?

Gingerbread

I owned a 1981 Fiat Spyder, and I just found out that Fiat will be offering them in the US again in 2017!

Wrapped and shipped gifts for out of town relatives, or gift cards?

Gift cards, for sure!

Two years in a row now, I've mailed a carefully wrapped Rum Cake to my Sister, who lives in a suburb of the greater Los Angeles area and they have rampant "Porch-Package-Theft", so I send her packages to her office in the next town over.
Here's the rub, the mail carrier for her business just CHUCKS packages over the fence, `cuz his delivery time is after business hours! Her birthday cake as well as Christmas cakes have been left out in the rain (isn't that a song? ;)) ! $#!| !!
So, this year I sent a nice handmade card and a gift card to her favorite store.
Now, I know that's not very festive, but USPS is not always the best. :glare: $#!| !!

Cable or Satellite TV?

when we lived in CT, we went to NYC every new years eve...not one for the party scene but loved doing that :) so i have to go with going out.

Chinese or Japanese food?

Oh My Gravy!! LOCAL! ALWAYS!

Hawaii May 2012 171.jpg

I went next door to were I worked downtown (Chinatown Honolulu)
EVERY DAY!
We'd have jook for breakfast and come back at lunch for dim sum
*sigh*
I miss Honolulu, very much!
*sigh*

Back
Top Bottom