Pizza Muffins! You've to try them!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

simonaskitchen

Senior Cook
Don't know if this section is ok for this recipe, anyway I cooked them next week and served as appetizers.
Pizza Muffins:
pizza dough, 1 mozzarella, 2 tomatoes, salt and pepper, anchovies and capers if you like, olive oil and flour.
Cut mozzarella and tomatoes into cubes. Keep the pizza dough and cut round circles with a glass of 5-6 cm diameter.
Place the small doughs into muffin-stamps and decorate with a piece of mozzarella and tomatoe. Add anchovies and capers if you like, or leave only tomatoes and mozzarella. Pleace them in a warm place and let it rest for half-an-hour at least. You'll notice they'll grow up, it's ok!
Cook in pre-heat oven at 200°C for 30 minutes.
Drop a few olive oil drops and decorate with a fresh basil leaf. Pizza Muffins Italian version.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds like a great idea! Great treats that the kids could make their own.

Thanks, Simona!

Growing up I knew Pizza Muffins using English muffins then top it pizza sauce and then mom would put dishes out with cheeses, olives and different meats, onion peppers.etc and us kids would make our own. We always had a blast.

Now with my grandkids I either buy the dough or make it and give then a chunk and they would have a blast rolling it out and putting the sauce and favorite toppings.
I give them each a pcs of al. foil as their pan so it goes from the table to the oven - right back to the table and not so bad clean up.
I also went to a party supply a brought a large roll of plastic table covering, roll it out and then just fold it up and toss it away. Especially when we make ice cream and the do thier own topping. Then if summer take the kids outside and hose them off ! LOL

Growing up I knew Pizza Muffins using English muffins then top it pizza sauce and then mom would put dishes out with cheeses, olives and different meats, onion peppers.etc and us kids would make our own. We always had a blast.

Now with my grandkids I either buy the dough or make it and give then a chunk and they would have a blast rolling it out and putting the sauce and favorite toppings.
I give them each a pcs of al. foil as their pan so it goes from the table to the oven - right back to the table and not so bad clean up.
I also went to a party supply a brought a large roll of plastic table covering, roll it out and then just fold it up and toss it away. Especially when we make ice cream and the do thier own topping. Then if summer take the kids outside and hose them off ! LOL

We had pizza on english muffins growing up, and at the school they had something called pizza burgers. They were not burgers at all, but english muffins with a ground beef topping, sauce, cheese, etc.

I love having my grandkids make pizza with me too. Sometimes small individual ones, and sometimes they help with making a big pizza for all. Love the idea of the roll of plastic. Is that like the tablecloth plastic?
Sounds like that would be good for cookie decorating, playdough...:ermm:

We had pizza on english muffins growing up, and at the school they had something called pizza burgers. They were not burgers at all, but english muffins with a ground beef topping, sauce, cheese, etc.

I love having my grandkids make pizza with me too. Sometimes small individual ones, and sometimes they help with making a big pizza for all. Love the idea of the roll of plastic. Is that like the tablecloth plastic?
Sounds like that would be good for cookie decorating, playdough...:ermm:

fingerpainting...:ROFLMAO: Lots of fun things.

CHOPPER
Yes, it is like tablecloth plastic, not a heavy plastic. You see it alot on tables at weddings church functions etc. roll out what you need and cut off, Its great.
Also go to your local newpaper office and most of them sell the ends of newpaper rolls, cheap, roll out a table length and they color, paint etc. I once at a family gathering, roll it out down a hallway and all the kids had a ball coloring and drawing on it. bring enough crayons you will be surprise how many join in.

Back
Top Bottom