Conversion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tessamay

Assistant Cook
Hi All,
I wonder if anyone can help me? I find it very frustrating converting from pounds to grams and ounces to litres, etc etc etc... I know you can do it online and there are always conversion tables, but a sort of conversion calculator for the kitchen would be SO handy. Where I could type in 12 ounces and press a button to get the volum in metric for example.

Has anyone heard of such a thing? and any ideas where one can be bought if it exists?

thanks!!

Tessamay

I use kitchen tools that do it for me. My measuring cups have both U.S. and metric measurement marks on the side, and my digital kitchen scale has a U.S. and metric display selection switch on the back. My digital timer/thermometer has Fahrenheit/Celsius selection display switch. These three items cover everything I have found to need to work in a U.S. or metric mode in the kitchen.

My MacBook has a converter in it's software. Before that I used the online conversion calculators.

My TI-35X calculator converts cm-in, l-gal, kg-lb, C-F, and g-oz (both ways).

I have the same problem with converting . I have many, many recipes that I've never tried because I don't know how much of the ingredients to use.

this is a wonderful site . gives directions for most any measure you want. go to cookingsolutions.com. i printed them out to keep handy. i should be able to make some of the dishs that i couldn't

Back
Top Bottom