Deep Freeze Spit out the Bits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
DH opened the deep freeze to make room for the deer salami, and discovered that it had quit. Fortunately, it just happened, and only a few things on top had thawed, and they were still cold. We had just put quite a bit of meat in it last night, and it was too much for the old appliance. It's a 14 cu ft that we bought used about 15 years ago from the mother of one of our friends. It's been a good one.
Sooooo...Kim's taken the truck to Menard's. He called, and they have just what we need in stock.
We'll probably have to get the new freezer chilled down before we put anything in it. We do have a little room in our refrigerator freezers, kitchen and garage, for that top layer that's starting to defrost.

Miss Connie...

Been there and got the T-shirt (more than once) Keep thie lid closed on the old one. Get the new one up and running a couple of hours or so. Then transfer everything over to the new one. You'll be good to go! You were lucky that you caught it when you did! It could have been a disaster!! Thank your lucky stars! Whew!

Well things turned out great Constance. You will have to tell us all about the new freezer. Don't forget to take the door off the old freezer before you toss it. That's the law!
Will this freezer have extra room so you can stock plenty of ice cream flavors? Or maybe I should say varieties pertaining to cookies n cream, rocky road, tin roof, and spumoni, vanilla-vanilla, and french vanilla and churn style vanilla.
So how do you make deer salami? Do you use it for sandwiches or does it have a unique purpose?
I wonder what kind of warranty your going to get on this new freezer. I hope it covers cold cash and frozen assets! :rolleyes:

Uncle Bob said:
You were lucky that you caught it when you did! It could have been a disaster!! Thank your lucky stars! Whew!
You're right, there, Uncle Bob! I had my freezer go out in the middle of summer while I was away for 10 days. I cringe 15 years later when I think of the cleanup. I gained a whole new appreciation for the word "nauseating!"

This has happened to me - Three times!!!

Twice due to the compressor going south and once because my former roomate accidentally unplugged one.

The freezer that was mistakingly unplugged had caused everything in it to SPOIL, creating a monster that just wouldn't go away!!

The bad rotten smell stayed in the freezer for a long as it was in use for the remainder of the time, creating a big stink that became embedded in the walls of the thing!!! And when it came time to defrost it, forget about it!! I had to open all the windows in the kitchen.

Finally one day, I said; "Enough is enough!" and bought a new freezer. The bad smell no longer prevailed and out went the old freezer. We gave it to the landlord who put it in his basement.

I just couldn't tolerate that stinky smell any longer!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom